Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marry a Gamer? NEVER!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 159 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you marry/have kids with a gamer?

Options:

Yes

Never!

I did, and I love it

I did, and I wish I hadn't

Baked mac and cheese

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 222

View Results

Seriously...if you are married to a man who spends hours a day on games, why?  It just seems like such an insanely immature and stupid way to be neglectful of your family.  This is based on what I'm hearing from women who are with gamers.  Sure many of them manage to hold on to their jobs, but they seem to have a hard time doing things like pulling their weight at home and watching their own damn children. 

My hubs works a lot, he's in the reserves and he's earning his masters.  Those are things I'll pick up the slack for.  He even enjoys games, but I noticed once we had kids he basically stopped playing them or he only plays the games that he can easily put down and pick back up later.  His time for "fun stuff" is few and far between.  If he was too tired to help around the house or with our kids because his ass had been up for hours playing video games I would lose my mind. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
5 moms liked this

Marry? LMAO I wouldn't even date them.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Mine is a gamer, but he is very responsible and does not spend hours playing.. he cleans, works from home, and plays with the kids. I have the gym, he has games.. it works for us.
Eta- we have been together for 21 years and married for 17 years in 2 weeks.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Bitemebetty
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I am the gamer in my relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine used to be a gamer. Gave him an ultimatum, and quit playing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh works 2 jobs, and helps me out every time he can, he's also a gamer. We have rules though, after the kids are in bed he's allowed to do whatever he wants, it's how he relaxes, he works his ass off.i play too sometimes, in moderation it's fine but if it impacts our family, it's gone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband started playing Mafia Wars on facebook and then I started playing. For awhile there it became all we talked about. One night we decided to stop playing-we realized it was interfering with everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I regret marrying my gamer husband. Ugh! I hate to say that but at least I have my beautiful son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I married one, because I am one!!!!

AleaKat
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
My husband is a gamer and doesn't spend hour upon hour playing. There are different levels just like any group there are extremists.
He works from home, makes good money and does online college. He is very responsible and video games are just his escape from stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacefaceninja
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Dh and I play together. DS plays when he's here. It's a fun thing for us. I don't work though. SAHM...slowly going out of my mind.....Need. Adult. Interaction. Now

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)