Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Would you marry/have kids with a gamer?

Options:

Yes

Never!

I did, and I love it

I did, and I wish I hadn't

Baked mac and cheese

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 222

View Results

Seriously...if you are married to a man who spends hours a day on games, why?  It just seems like such an insanely immature and stupid way to be neglectful of your family.  This is based on what I'm hearing from women who are with gamers.  Sure many of them manage to hold on to their jobs, but they seem to have a hard time doing things like pulling their weight at home and watching their own damn children. 

My hubs works a lot, he's in the reserves and he's earning his masters.  Those are things I'll pick up the slack for.  He even enjoys games, but I noticed once we had kids he basically stopped playing them or he only plays the games that he can easily put down and pick back up later.  His time for "fun stuff" is few and far between.  If he was too tired to help around the house or with our kids because his ass had been up for hours playing video games I would lose my mind. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

My husband wasn't a gamer when we met and married. His gaming has only been an issue over the past couple years, and probably only bad the past year. It was just never something he was in to. Now it's pretty much all he does outside of going to work. It's a problem and one that I've mentioned to him several times, but he has an addictive personality, so now that he's a recovering alcoholic I guess he needed a new addiction and this is it. I would almost rather he was still drinking, at least he talked to me and wanted to have sex when he was drunk.

angy129
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I love me some baked mac and cheese!!! 

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, addiction is a deal breaker for me.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
SO is a gamer. But he and DS play together. Its like, their way of bonding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM

well you didn't give the option of a gamer who is considerate and doesn't let it affect their lives.  DH is a gamer and was a huge one when we met but he only games if there is nothing going on.    He games when he home alone or at night after everyone has gone to bed.  If there are things going on he doesn't game.  I dont mind that at all.    However, we would have a problem if the kids were awake and running amuck  and I was working or making dinner or doing something and needed him and he was playing WOW.  That WOW account would be canceled before he could even ask why. 

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AphrexiaX
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I are both gamers. It works for us. Our kid are not neglected and game some too. Bit the youngest is nine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
It's one of his hobbies.
Better than hanging at a bar lol
He has no issues getting off if I ask him to though.
amanda81919
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I did, and I'm a gamer too. But we also involve the kids, or play when they are asleep. We play for hours, and it doesn't stop us from doing other things. I guess we have a good balance with it.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I turned my hubby into a gamer. We played hours on end, World of Warcraft. Then I couldn't sit still for long and I ended up doing EVERYTHING in the house while he sat and played. He'd play until 3 am and wake up for work at 8 am.

Then he joined the army and hasn't really played since. Now he plays COD occasionally. We don't play World of Warcraft anymore, and I miss it. My current computer wouldn't be able to handle it, so that's the only thing keeping me from getting it renewed. That and we don't have the last two expansions. So, yeah.

I played DnD while my husband was in basic and ait, it's fun. I don't like the new edition because I could actually understand it and it became too easy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)