Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Would you marry/have kids with a gamer?

Options:

Yes

Never!

I did, and I love it

I did, and I wish I hadn't

Baked mac and cheese

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 222

View Results

Seriously...if you are married to a man who spends hours a day on games, why?  It just seems like such an insanely immature and stupid way to be neglectful of your family.  This is based on what I'm hearing from women who are with gamers.  Sure many of them manage to hold on to their jobs, but they seem to have a hard time doing things like pulling their weight at home and watching their own damn children. 

My hubs works a lot, he's in the reserves and he's earning his masters.  Those are things I'll pick up the slack for.  He even enjoys games, but I noticed once we had kids he basically stopped playing them or he only plays the games that he can easily put down and pick back up later.  His time for "fun stuff" is few and far between.  If he was too tired to help around the house or with our kids because his ass had been up for hours playing video games I would lose my mind. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I'm the gamer in this family. But I don't have much time with my xBox 360 these days :(

Kimsd
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Im not married to one but I have been with one for almost five years. I think his obsession with the internet and video games will probably destroy our relationship before we ever get married. Im fairly certain he would choose them over me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I game, bish.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nerd.stuff
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
This. Both my husband and I play games. Our daughter plays with us. Also, my husband holds an amazing job. He plays at night or on the weekends. We always have time for family stuff as well. Last weekend we saw Santa. This weekend we are going bowling.

Quoting Bitemebetty:

I am the gamer in my relationship.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the mac and cheese option!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Everyone should have a hobby.  As long as it doesn't interfere with his job, his marriage or kids, I don't see a big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is a gamer.
Computer engineer.
Builds his own games.
He's a total nerd lol
ARmomOf3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My "gamer" is a full time driver for Fed Ex. Cleans the house as often if not more than I do, and spends time with me and the kids. Sometimes even cooks dinner. He is very involved with the family and I play games just as much as him. I know people here are on CM more than their husbands are into the games....

SevenKisses
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a gamer myself, so why would I NOT want to?

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)