Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Would you marry/have kids with a gamer?

Options:

Yes

Never!

I did, and I love it

I did, and I wish I hadn't

Baked mac and cheese

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 222

View Results

Seriously...if you are married to a man who spends hours a day on games, why?  It just seems like such an insanely immature and stupid way to be neglectful of your family.  This is based on what I'm hearing from women who are with gamers.  Sure many of them manage to hold on to their jobs, but they seem to have a hard time doing things like pulling their weight at home and watching their own damn children. 

My hubs works a lot, he's in the reserves and he's earning his masters.  Those are things I'll pick up the slack for.  He even enjoys games, but I noticed once we had kids he basically stopped playing them or he only plays the games that he can easily put down and pick back up later.  His time for "fun stuff" is few and far between.  If he was too tired to help around the house or with our kids because his ass had been up for hours playing video games I would lose my mind. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I married a "gamer" it was completely obsessed, after we had our first child he didn't have a lot of time to game, he has quit and now barely plays one game in a month.  Time spent with the kids are more important than the game.  

kailalaila
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

my hubby is a gamer but he is very responsible. he knows things need to get done before he can sit down and do his gaming thing. it doesnt bother me.

Mumof2boys03
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Hubby was one when I married then turned me into one! We usually play WoW together when the kids are sleeping! My 5 yr old is becoming a gamer now. He gets 1 hour of Minecraft a day! He works and I work part time at home... we are responsible, loving parents!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
My husband never plays video games..thank goodness.. I would go insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM

my hubby is a gamer but he works more than he plays he spend hours on the weekend play or a day off. but we plays when out daughter is asleep 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM
This exactly lol

Quoting stacefaceninja:

Dh and I play together. DS plays when he's here. It's a fun thing for us. I don't work though. SAHM...slowly going out of my mind.....Need. Adult. Interaction. Now

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

My ex was a gamer. My husband likes to play games but I wouldnt call him a gamer

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Mommyfish831
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

No marriage is perfect.  I think this post is just about as ignorant as the post about not marrying military people.  Every marriage has something "wrong" with it or lots of things.  Take your pick of what type of person not to marry we could post all day long about it.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I did and I wouldn't say I love it but I don't hate it. I hate that he collects games all the old sega and super nintendo games things he will never ever play. If he actually plays the game then fine but if not then its a bigger waste of money than normal.

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I'm engaged to one. It doesnt bother me because I'm the same way with books. I find time to read in between my daily duties mainly to unwind after a long day. He is the same way with games too. Its just how we unwind after a long day at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured