Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If lunch were free

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
If you did not have to pay for your child's lunch, would you let them eat at school or send lunch?
What if the company providing meal services had a fresh salad and sandwich bar daily in addition to the hot lunch? An everything was on a portion system? Red means 1 serving and stop. Yellow means consume in moderation. Green means have at it. Hot lunch is typically yellow or red.
Would your child eat the school lunches?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Huh? I pay for my kids school lunches-and they have a salad bar. Not sure what you are getting at.

lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

My kids already eat school lunches, so yes.. Oh, and I pay for school lunches.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Depends on the quality of the food, not the portion sizes.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
If you didn't have to pay.
I should fix wording. We are in private school and lunches are included. So, that's why I said "extra." It's fixed though.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Huh? I pay for my kids school lunches-and they have a salad bar. Not sure what you are getting at.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMysteriouss
My kids private school does not have lunches served at school except for Fridays, it is pizza day. But DD doesn't like pizza.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas

Quoting Anonymous:

If you didn't have to pay.
I should fix wording. We are in private school and lunches are included.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

you are also paying-it' part of the tuition!

mary841108
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

i think i would send them with one still. salad bars + kids = ewww *shudders* (unless an adult was there to make sure no little unwashed fingers get into it). but i dont like school lunches, i'm not entirely sure what is in them lol mystery meat...tasty

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Awww, that's a bummer. DS's private school has a great lunch program. I love it, and really love that, when getting up at 6:00AM, I don't have to pack him a lunch, lol.

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

My kids private school does not have lunches served at school except for Fridays, it is pizza day. But DD doesn't like pizza.

Kool_Aide
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I would still pack their lunch. My kids want pretty specific things. They aren't big on italian foods either and it seems like 3 out of 5 days the school serves: pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, etc.

So I pack them things from home that are healthy. string cheese, veggie sticks, hummus, sausage or chicken, cheese squares, fruit, and so on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM

What?  My kids eat school lunch and I don't rely on other people to pay for it.  And you lost me on the colors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)