Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone explain this to me????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

they took my babys daddy to jail for non support last night. well for a while now i have been thinking about making him sign his rights over. he is a women beater. he has beat me several times. and i am afraid that eventually he will do the same to my son. well i called the child support office today and asked them about making him sign his t=rights over and they said that the only way i can is if i have someone that wants to adopt him and i have to be married. why is this i mean i am his mom and i think i know what is the best for my son. i already have a epo on him and my son is not aloud arouns him until he takes me to court over it. i mean i just dont want him in our lives any more. i have tried being nice and all that gets me is kicked in the ass, the court system knows all about what he has done to me but they still wont help me out. this is all i want for christmas is for him to be gone and stay out of our lives and i cant even get that what the hell.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Aloud/allowed not the same thing
gemikris82
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Aloud/allowed not the same thing

oh shut up, thats all you have to contribute?

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Because they dont want you coming back asking for food stamps and welfare if there is a father they can go after for support.  It doesnt matter if he doesnt pay it, if you get assistance, they can go after him to pay that back.  If there is no "father", there is nobody for them to go after.  Thats why they wont allow it.  

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM

They don't think you know what is best for your child when it comes to Dads.  You will need to be married for a set amount of time and they will run a background check on him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Why would you bring a child into this world, when clearly you have no sense.  You should have left him the 1st time he laid a hand on you.

MamaDee83
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Wait, so they told you that you have to be married or have someone legally adopt him as their son in order to gain sole custody of your son?? That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me, especially since your ex has a history of battery... I would talk to a lawyer if you haven't already.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I've never heard of a marriage/ adoption requirement. I'd ask to talk to someone else about it and I'd press them for info as to why. Do you have a lawyer you can consult?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM
When my ex signed over his rights my dh had to adopt. It's for the better of the child. You can fight your ex for sole custody without him signing over rights. Let maintenance deal with child support for you and you shouldn't have to have any contact with him. When someone signs over their rights, they completely remove them off of the birth certificate.
My3LuVs83
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Have you ever been in an abusive relationship?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you bring a child into this world, when clearly you have no sense.  You should have left him the 1st time he laid a hand on you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Unoriginal.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
They need someone to legally fill that role.
My state does this too, we looked into step-parent adoption. There is a whole list of requirement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)