Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

animal bite *update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I was taking chicken off the bone of a chicken last night at about 6. My cat, that never comes out, jumped on the sink. I gave her a piece of chicken and picked her up to put her on the floor and she went psycho. Immediately bit me and wouldn't let go! I literally had to pin her down to remove her teeth from my arm. She scratched me the whole time, I fought her out the door (I know ill be bashed for this) and put her outside.

Anyway, it looked bad last night and it doesn't look much better now. It's very painful, red, warm. I don't want to go to the doctor and them think "did she really come. For a cat bite?!" I've never been bit by an animal before... idk what is normal for bites. Doctor or no doctor??

Ill post pics in replies.

Went to the doctor (just the regular doctor, but my normal doc wasn't there saw a different Guy), the nurse said "oh my!!!! That looks bad!"
The doctor cleaned it and bandaged it (which I thought was sort of silly since it wasn't like, an open wound lol, he's the doc though, lol). He gave me an antibiotic (cipro) and told me to avoid sugar for a few days to help my immune system, and that it should be fine. Thanks so much,ladies. My husband told me this morning that I should go, but I thought he was just being overprotective. Lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Pic

About an hour after, 7ish last night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Pic 2

Just a bit ago, the pen mark is where its red, neither are great pics. You can't really see the swelling. Or how red it Really is.
Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

cat bites and scratches are extremely dangerous and can turn into blood poisoning before you know it. You need antibiotics for that, now not later.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Go to the dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Oh my God... really? Now I'm scared...

Quoting Maevelyn:

cat bites and scratches are extremely dangerous and can turn into blood poisoning before you know it. You need antibiotics for that, now not later.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Definitely get to the ER, like ASAP. Cats have TONS of bacteria, and the bites almost always get badly infected. I am a groomer and know this all too well.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Deff go to the doc..cat bites and scratches are dangerous!

juggamomma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I would have been pissed. i would go just in case. animals have lots of bacteria in their mouths and you could catch something they may have even from bites and scratches. better to be safe than sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Cat bites are extremely dangerous and one of the worse animal bites you can get. You NEED antibiotics Asap
joshlor2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I would call the doctor and get some antibiotics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)