Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Applying for a mortgage, need some helppp....

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

My fiance and I are looking to buy a house, we are not yet married until January 2013,  I am not working at the moment and only recieve about $650. month in unemployment and he works full time at a big factory,(been there for almost 2yrs, he makes OKAY $$) anyways, I applied for a mortgage from a local bank, I was denied because I have no income, but my fiance and I make about $30k a yr. they said he would have to apply. SO he applied and got denied because of his credit..... Now this is my question... If we are married could we apply together, so that the income is together and my credit is good? Im confused at what to do.

Any suggestions would be great.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

i really dont think that will help

md3mom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I do think it will help. When you apply together they will be able to consider the full picture. Right now they're only considering you each individually.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shawnalovesdon0
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

bump

danandsamsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM

You don't have to be married to apply for a mortgage together, but I'm not sure it would help.  I would definitely work on getting his credit cleaned up.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

First, get married.  Then, get his credit score up.  After you've paid off all your credit cards etc and bring his score up (google how to do this-there's lots of different things you both can work on)-then reapply for a mortgage together.

lucky35
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM

the more important is cleaning up the credit then applying.  in the meantime clean it up and save for a house.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Go talk to your bank's mortgage lender.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Unfortunately this is going to take time. Pull the credit karma thing and clean up his credit. It doesn't have to be perfect, but depending on your state it needs to be over 600 for even a first time homebuyers program like USDA.
franmoor
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I agree to what others are saying. Work with his credit first to reach a good score eligible for home mortgage. Although it may take time but the time will give you more time to save for the house so if it's possible to get one you can initially pay a substantial amount of down payment.

http://www.loans-portal.com/buying-a-house-with-bad-credit/

LiesLiesLies
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM
How much do you have saved as a down payment?

How much will you keep in a separate savings?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)