Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My ex ran out on me just a few days after finding out I was pregnant. We had been together for 2 years when I got pregnant. 2 days after he found out he told me his mom had a heart attack and he was going to see her while I was away at my great grandmothers funeral and he would be back the same day as me so we could move in together near my mom in another state. I got back and he never returned. Yes I should have known better but I was only 18 at the time. Its been over 6 years since that happened now and I have applied for child support but they were never able to find him. I now live in a different state than the one I applied in but have his phone number and the town he lives in with his new girlfriend. I have had his phone number for a long time and had given it to the child support office but they still were not able to find him. I want to apply in my current state but if its like the last one I cant afford the application fee. I take care of my friends kids and live here rent free because I have no income. Now his new girlfriend is threatening that if I take him to court they will take custody of my daughter and make sure I never see her again. Obviously I dont think they can actually do this but they are also saying they will make me pay for a paternity test. He never questioned her paternity before this woman. I cant even afford to get my kid christmas presents and I know shes going to be upset the only thing she asked Santa for she wont be getting. She also has autism which makes explaining things hard and I know her dad cant handle that. He has another special needs child he also walked out on. Any advise?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
styler7
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:46 PM
You have to pay a fee to file for cs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I did in the last state I lived in. Not sure here because when I applied for CS for my younger ones it was in my divorce papers.

Quoting styler7:

You have to pay a fee to file for cs?

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM
What state are you in?
Billsbabygirl
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I didn't have to pay a fee to have someone located for c.s. and if they want DNA then they have to pay for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Cali

Quoting lauren.m:

What state are you in?

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Call the local courthouse and ask for pro bono lawyers.  They often volunteer some hours to give legal counsel to someone who can't pay, b/c they can write it off on their taxes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I already told them that but they refuse to pay for it. They said I am a cheating whore (never cheated on him and she looks just like her brother) and if I want the support I have to pay for the DNA test because hes not on the BC and if she is his they will be taking custody of her.

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

I didn't have to pay a fee to have someone located for c.s. and if they want DNA then they have to pay for it

aCafemomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

At least check into it. and i highly doubt they will take you child. If you want though while your at it if you can get a pro bono lawyer you can apply for full custody based on abonament.

bri2011
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM
How much is the fee? is the fee for the dna test or to file support? Id do whatever needed done to get the money so u cld file for support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

in MOST states if you apply for cash assistance or for medical they automatically go after the dad for child support.  I would at least look into that then you will not have to file personally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)