Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? then why do so many women do it freely?

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jalestra
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Around here I see just the head covering with jeans and long sleeved shirts. lol The only thing that oppresses these ladies is the heat

she_walk_softly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM

The kitty pics under it.

ohh that's the signature ...sorry I'm used to mobile view.

Quoting Anonymous:

I only see one pic?

Quoting she_walk_softly:

Love the 1st pic.

helema24
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Abaya Fashion Styles - 2009these are close to what i wear year round.... we get used to the heat because to us the heat of hell for being loose in the way we dress is worse than summer!

Quoting Jalestra:

Around here I see just the head covering with jeans and long sleeved shirts. lol The only thing that oppresses these ladies is the heat

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM
For some I'm sure it is. (Like countries where you have to wear it) but in other places...no. I assume people I see wearing them chose to do so.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it can be, depending on if worn willingly or if forced.
HeathersForever
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see a headscarf as oppressive if a woman chooses to wear it. Countries where it is forced upon her it is oppression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Only catholic nuns wear that stuff, not all catholic women. And they usually don't wear it anymore, very seldom do you see nuns wearing the whole get up, actually I've never seen it and we have a convent thats not too far away from our church.

Jalestra
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Abaya has beautiful clothing. I think it's just so hard for me to fathom because it gets sooo hot here. I mean, to the point you can't breathe. I don't know how hot it gets in other places, but it's so hard to imagine living so covered and hot when I'm in shorts and gasping. I generally don't ask though, because I don't want to come off as disrespectful, just curious I guess.

Other than that, sometimes I'm just jealous. So many beautiful clothes...

Quoting helema24:

Abaya Fashion Styles - 2009these are close to what i wear year round.... we get used to the heat because to us the heat of hell for being loose in the way we dress is worse than summer!

Quoting Jalestra:

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Some people seem to think it is. Personally, I think they are beautiful. I would love to have the courage to wear one, but I am afraid I would get odd looks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I live by a convent and they do wear them but they are all white, not black with white collar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only catholic nuns wear that stuff, not all catholic women. And they usually don't wear it anymore, very seldom do you see nuns wearing the whole get up, actually I've never seen it and we have a convent thats not too far away from our church.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN