Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? then why do so many women do it freely?

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
BluePandaDreams
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
If it isn't a choice to wear the head covering then it is oppressive. Obviously if it is something one chooses to wear it isn't. Just like one chooses whether or not to wear a bra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I live by a convent and they do wear them but they are all white, not black with white collar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only catholic nuns wear that stuff, not all catholic women. And they usually don't wear it anymore, very seldom do you see nuns wearing the whole get up, actually I've never seen it and we have a convent thats not too far away from our church.

The picture above is very misleading IMO because the catholic faith does not dictate what its female followers should wear. Becoming a nun and wearing the robes is voluntary, but I as a catholic do not have to wear them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Ok I understand why women wear them. But why aren't men required to wear long jeans and shirts? Why do they get to run around (and yes I have seen it) in a tank top and short shorts? This goes for catholics, hindus, etcetera.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM
thats a great answer. Goes with anything

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

People get confused when they don't understand something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

The first thing I seen is '4th september' and I went OH HELL NO.

thats my birthday, and I am not spending it to celebrate some religious bullshit.

EvilQueenMommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I think men do wear long coverings in some of them

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok I understand why women wear them. But why aren't men required to wear long jeans and shirts? Why do they get to run around (and yes I have seen it) in a tank top and short shorts? This goes for catholics, hindus, etcetera.

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Alot of times I have seen women wear the whole outfit with only the eyes out and the men are dressed very minimally.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

I think men do wear long coverings in some of them

Quoting Anonymous:

702girly
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I'd feel oppressed if I had to wear any of the head coverings in that picture.

But I'm fine with people choosing to do so. I'm not cool with anyone being forced to do so though.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Some want us to think so, but it can be quite empowering to cover.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's the head scarf that's oppressive. People take issue when a woman is forced to wear a head to toe burka. And risk being murdered for refusing. No one gives a fuck about a head scarf. Address the real issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)