Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? then why do so many women do it freely?

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Only nuns wear that uniform, not everyday Catholics. Nice try though. And its not about choice, its about being forced to wear something. If you choose to wear one, fine, but I'm not ok with a religion that places men's inability to control their sexual desires on women and forces them to cover their bodies
WLNL0507
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM

The men DO have a dress code as well, but, like the women some choose not to follow the correct way to dress. My husband, for example, will not wear shorts above his knees or go outside without a shirt. And, they are not supposed to wear anything too tight (like tight jeans or form fitting shirts)

Quoting Anonymous:

Alot of times I have seen women wear the whole outfit with only the eyes out and the men are dressed very minimally.

Quoting EvilQueenMommy:

I think men do wear long coverings in some of them

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok I understand why women wear them. But why aren't men required to wear long jeans and shirts? Why do they get to run around (and yes I have seen it) in a tank top and short shorts? This goes for catholics, hindus, etcetera.

helema24
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Muslims around the world.same with muslim women!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I live by a convent and they do wear them but they are all white, not black with white collar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only catholic nuns wear that stuff, not all catholic women. And they usually don't wear it anymore, very seldom do you see nuns wearing the whole get up, actually I've never seen it and we have a convent thats not too far away from our church.

The picture above is very misleading IMO because the catholic faith does not dictate what its female followers should wear. Becoming a nun and wearing the robes is voluntary, but I as a catholic do not have to wear them.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

amanda81919
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Totally not! That's just so silly! And I love the different colors and fabrics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
black_rose19
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Because in the Qur'an, men are only required to be covered from "navel to knee"

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok I understand why women wear them. But why aren't men required to wear long jeans and shirts? Why do they get to run around (and yes I have seen it) in a tank top and short shorts? This goes for catholics, hindus, etcetera.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
But why are they not given the same restrictions?

Quoting black_rose19:

Quoting Anonymous:

black_rose19
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Why can men walk around in public without a shirt? Yet women cannot? In Islam a womens body is beautiful and desireable. So that is why God said for us to be covered so we would not be harassed by men. Mens bodies are not viewed the same way as a woman's.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting black_rose19:

Quoting Anonymous:

helema24
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Tags: kitty | cat | hijab |

Quoting black_rose19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
How much are you typically covered when you're out in public and how do you dress when you're home?

Quoting black_rose19:

Why can men walk around in public without a shirt? Yet women cannot? In Islam a womens body is beautiful and desireable. So that is why God said for us to be covered so we would not be harassed by men. Mens bodies are not viewed the same way as a woman's.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting black_rose19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black_rose19
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM
When I'm out in public I cover everything except my hands and my face. When I am in the privacy of my home I can wear whatever I want. I usually just wear my pj pants and a cami. Since only my children and husband are at the house.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

How much are you typically covered when you're out in public and how do you dress when you're home?

Quoting black_rose19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting black_rose19:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN