Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
My husband's half sister is getting married on the 22nd of this month. This will be her second marriage, her first ended in divorce because she got caught cheating and her ex gave her divorce papers as a first anniversary present. My hubby and I hit our 13th anniversary on the 18th and we had made plans to go out and celebrate the weekend of the 22nd but now he wants to go to her wedding. I told him that I think it's fucked up because we had made our plans last month when I put in for that weekend off when the schedule was made. But I guess she has been texting him and telling him how great it would be to see us and giving him a guilt trip about not being invited to our spur of the moment wedding. His sister and I do not get along, she acts like she's so much better than we are and has told my hubby on many occasions that his life would be so much better without me, how he could afford nicer things, and so on. So I told him I refuse to go, no reason for me to "ruin" her special day. I also told him that if he forced me to go, I would tell her new hubby that the last time she came to our town for a visit she hooked up with one of the guys she cheated on her previous husband with and direct him to some pictures that were taken that night. My husband said that would be a bitchy thing to do, and that I shouldn't listen to the drunks that come into the bar and that the pictures were not very good and could have been taken in the wrong context. I told him that its a bitchy thing to ditch out on our anniversary. Vent over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I agree with you.....DH is being a douchbag. WHY is he putting his sister and her 2nd wedding  before your 13th anniversary???

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure. But I'm gonna make him miserable until he gets his head out of his ass.

Quoting Sassy762:

I agree with you.....DH is being a douchbag. WHY is he putting his sister and her 2nd wedding  before your 13th anniversary???

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Oh hell no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM
That's pretty much what I'm saying!

Quoting areyouatroll:

Oh hell no

areyouatroll
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
I can understand her wanting her brother there, but it seems like she has made it clear you are not her family

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting areyouatroll:

Oh hell no

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
She has and then some.

Quoting areyouatroll:

I can understand her wanting her brother there, but it seems like she has made it clear you are not her family

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Quoting areyouatroll:

Oh hell no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Eeek.  You should come before her.  SHe already had her "wedding" to her first hubs.  Although I get he's torn and it's his sister.  FFS tell him to grow a pair regardless and that he already has plans with YOU.  Good luck. 

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I told him I'm mad at him and that he's on his own because he broke our plans. He's the one who has to live with me, so we shall see how long he's willing to live in hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eeek.  You should come before her.  SHe already had her "wedding" to her first hubs.  Although I get he's torn and it's his sister.  FFS tell him to grow a pair regardless and that he already has plans with YOU.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)