Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you buy your child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
their first car?
My husband and I will be buying all of our kids their first vehicles. They will be nice vehicles. fairly new and as close to what they want as we can get. We already have an account set aside for this very purpose.
I want to get them a vehicle that will last them. not some piece of crap that wont be reliable.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, as long as their grades warrant it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
No. We will pay half and they are not getting a vehicle until they can pay for insurence on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM

No. That will be their responsibility. We will help them look for vehicles, my husband will do any work that needs to be done on them, etc, but we won't buy them a car.

SuperPickle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM

We will match any funds they earn for a car and will not allow them to buy until they have enough for a reliable car.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yes but not until they can pay for their own gas and insurance.  That was the rule for us, and we found it reasonable.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We won't be. All the kids around here that I grew up with got their life pretty much handed to them. I didn't. Shane's gonna learn that he needs to get a job and work for what he wants.

Btw, my SO and I don't currently have a car. We live in a small town & can walk everywhere.

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
They will buy their own car. I had to save and get good grades before I got my own car. They will do the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

We will probably buy DS a car for his high school graduation but are not positive yet. He is working and saving for a car as well.

JadsW
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
IDK. They're 6 & 1.5. We got a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this

No. They will earn the privelege to drive and will drive their dad's 5speed truck until they earn enough to buy their own. A car means more to a teen or young adut who has to earn it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)