Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i pay my son to babysit his brothers.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 30 Replies

$10 an hour...

I cannot stand when people have older kids and younger kids and make them babysit.. yes he will watch them when I run to the store etc.. for free.. but if its babysitting I would normally have to pay someone for I pay him the same rate I pay my own babysitter..

agree or not?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jers.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Agree

kidlover2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I think it's a personal preference. In my family there are some things you just do because you're family. You may not like it but it's the cost of living in this house. Watching your younger siblings is part of that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Quoting kidlover2:

I think it's a personal preference. In my family there are some things you just do because you're family. You may not like it but it's the cost of living in this house. Watching your younger siblings is part of that.

he does watch them when I run to the store or when I have appointments too. But imo his time is equally as important as my babysitters.

Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I agree. i think it also depends on age a little bit too.  If your older child is 14+ then they could easily have other things they'd rather be doing so I would definitely pay them.  Plus if they are doing it for spending money then why not.  I'd rather pay my older kid $10/hour to watch the younger ones so he can buy things he wants, 

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I agree. It's not the older siblings job/responsibly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Again personal preference. I would also pay someone to clean my house. I won't pay my kids to clean their room even though technically it's also their own time. Different strokes for different people. My parents raised me the same way. I don't want money to be my children's motivating factor to do things.

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting kidlover2:

he does watch them when I run to the store or when I have appointments too. But imo his time is equally as important as my babysitters.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Agree, I do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britmichele
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
How old are your kids?
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM

agree

beerebelly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I do not pay when running to just get milk. But for a few hours on a Saturday night? Yes I pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)