Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

around this time of yr...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I feel like a horrible mom. sometimes I dont feel like a complete mom (jmo) I wasnt able to bf my son.

he was born at 32wks... and was in the NICU for 3 wks. I was put on medication for my blood pressure I was given a blood transfusion because my platelets were low.  ( I normally have low blood pressure but around 31 wks it crept up and then sky rocketed. I was admitted for a total of 7 days. after he was born I asked about breastfeeding. they said he doesnt have the suck reflex yet. and until then he cant be on the breast. so I asked about pumping. they had pumps at the hospital. I asked where they were (at this time I was still admitted) no one showed me where they were until 3 days after he was born. and when I started pumping I would only produce splatters most time (even with the help of a lactation consultant) the most I produced was 10ml at one time just once in a day. finally at 2.5 weeks they let him try being on the breast. well since nothing was coming out (even with a nipple shield) he would end up crying. 

I feel so jealous of you other moms who can bf their babies....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
What does that have to do with the time of year?
areyouatroll
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Aw :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM
:-( Seeing all the bf pics makes me sad too, those babies look so happy & content my bf experience wasn't pleasent either with little to no help. (Hugs)
DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I'm sorry you went through that. I was only able to bf for the first four months before a medical condition precluded me from continuing. I totally understand what you're feeling. It was devastating to me as well when I needed to start him on formula.
Know that you did your best, and that you had the wherewithal to forgo what you wanted for the good of your child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

my son was born this time of year

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that have to do with the time of year?

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
you dont completly dry up for at least a yr.
These are reasons its important for new moms and moms to be to be educated in bf. Not go just by what drs say. Pumping and breast size are not indicators of how much milk is made. The more often the baby nurses the more milk you make. Hugs do you plan to have more?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I am hoping with my next baby we can bf

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Don't feel bad my first son I couldn't either now with my 3 week old I am having no issues. Things happen and even though I couldn't bf my first son he and I have the most amazing bond any mother could have with thier child he's my entire life.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

THIS is why I hate the boob nazi. I swear these bitches have brainwashed women into thinking if you don't BF, you're not a realy mother. Breast feeding is honestly not as important as some make it seem. There is no point in beating yourself up. It's really not worth stressing over. It's fine and dandy if you wish to and are able to but if you don't, you just don't.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)