Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

qualify for cakewrecks.

I'm making DF's birthday cake, and I expect utter disaster, because I lack any sort of decorating talent.

It will be a thing of beauty... if you squint your eyes, turn your head to the side a bit, and use imagination... I'm sure of it.

I watch Cake Boss; how hard can this be.

If anyone wants to show off any cakes they've made, wreck, or triumph, I'd love to look at them. It will help me see the true level of my ineptitude. :)

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM

My son was SO happy to make his dad a birthday cake! We we're in a rush though, and didn't let it cool enough. We ran an errand and came back to this! My son was SO upset!

Sorry that the picture is so big, it won't let me strink it though.

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Aww... but it has personality. It also looks amazingly delicious.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

My son was SO happy to make his dad a birthday cake! We we're in a rush though, and didn't let it cool enough. We ran an errand and came back to this! My son was SO upset!

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yes, it tasted great!!! I told my husband to just close his eyes and pretend it didn't look like a pile of dirt with sprinkles on it. haha

Quoting Cymbeline:

Aww... but it has personality. It also looks amazingly delicious.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I'm a master in the kitchen, so no mishaps for me!

CanInTex
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks so crazy super yummy!!

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

This should be followed with pictures; I'm really fishing for pictures of pretty cakes!

I can make things taste amazing, but I have zero artistic talent. If you have some of the latter, please share some of it.

It's still baking, but the disaster will begin when I break out the decorating supplies.

If worse comes to worse, I'll say the kids did the decorating. :)

connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM

It was VERY good!

Quoting CanInTex:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks so crazy super yummy!!

Quoting connorsmommy120:

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM

One tip for decorating, after you do your initial frosting, and once it sets out for a few minutes but it in the freezer for a bit, it'll make the base frosting super fluffy and a good support for your designs/decorations (and it won't freeze the cake). I think alls I have a photo of is melted snowman cookies I made on Saturday....

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

This should be followed with pictures; I'm really fishing for pictures of pretty cakes!

I can make things taste amazing, but I have zero artistic talent. If you have some of the latter, please share some of it.

It's still baking, but the disaster will begin when I break out the decorating supplies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

My little guys first birthday cakes. I'm so advanced. See my sprinkles and candy placement? LOL

Even the kid knew something was off! LOL

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Awesome, thank you.

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

One tip for decorating, after you do your initial frosting, and once it sets out for a few minutes but it in the freezer for a bit, it'll make the base frosting super fluffy and a good support for your designs/decorations (and it won't freeze the cake). I think alls I have a photo of is melted snowman cookies I made on Saturday....

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)