Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My dd woke up for school complaining about her neck. Then I go and feel her neck. I felt like 5ish enlarged lymph nodes. I don't know the exact number. Then dd says her throat hurts. Then I checked her temp which was normal. So I send her to school. I didn't want to send her to school but if she is going to get a fever I wanted to save the sick days. My question is has your child had swollen lymph nodes and itbe nothing or should I be worried?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Get ready for the call from the school...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Not necessarily, they can swell if the body is fighting infection (viral and bacterial). Just keep an eye on her.

Tis the season.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I been waiting all day and they still haven't called me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get ready for the call from the school...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

It's probably strept throat. Take a look in her throat when she gets home and see if you see white stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

tonsilitis

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Mono.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM
It sounds like Pharyngitis. Its usually cause by a virus. I just had it in October and it sucked! Nothing made it feel better except for this pill the Dr gave me. It's a one time dose and it worked great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Do you get a fever with pharyngitis? Should I keep her home tommorow?

Quoting rkkeller13:

It sounds like Pharyngitis. Its usually cause by a virus. I just had it in October and it sucked! Nothing made it feel better except for this pill the Dr gave me. It's a one time dose and it worked great!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

good going!!  you sent an infected child to school to get the rest of her class sick too!!! Yes, you should have been worried BEFORE she went to school.  

michiganmom5150
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
My bf has the same thing. Pharyngitis was his diagnosis. He is on round 2 of antibiotics and if that dowan't work, his tonsils will have to come out. I have a friend who had that as well, but hers was b/c of an abscessed tooth that was inflamed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)