Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our gas got shut off without a notice or anything!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
We moved here 2 months ago and our heat has worked fine. Well yesterday we noticed it not working. Its been off since yesterday and all day today. We have electric heaters and were bundled with blankets but its still cold. We can see our breath inside the house.
Its in the 20s at night here. Theyre gonna be here tomorrow to turn our gas back on. We had no warning or anything it was being shut off.
I cant seem to catch a break. We had to use the cable bill money to turn on the gas. I swear the landlord said this house was all electric. So we text her and she says thr furnace is gas. Were like wth? She said it was all electric.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
xElizabethx
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

If you didn't know you had gas I'm guessing it wasn't set up in your name. Maybe someone else got the notices? Either way, that really stinks!!

I have gas/electric combo and really like it. My electric bill is higher in the summer and nonexistent in the winter and vice versa with the gas bill. It all evens for us. I do think gas heats better than electric.

dirby1988
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Im assuming it qas in landlords name but she told us this house was all electric. We werent expecting it.

Quoting xElizabethx:

If you didn't know you had gas I'm guessing it wasn't set up in your name. Maybe someone else got the notices? Either way, that really stinks!!

I have gas/electric combo and really like it. My electric bill is higher in the summer and nonexistent in the winter and vice versa with the gas bill. It all evens for us. I do think gas heats better than electric.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)