Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keep kitty out of tree??

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have been having a hard time keeping kitty out of the tree. I dont like squirting her with the water bottle because it gets on the tree. Someone said to take cotton balls and rub Vick's vapor rub and hang them on the back part of the branches. I guess they dont like the smell of Vick's and will stay out of the tree. I dont know if Vicks is dangerous for kitties...anyone know? Or does any one have any other tips to keep kitty out of the tree aside from the spray bottle?

Photobucket

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Buggy979
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Is your tree fake or real? If its take it has the smell of kat nip... It really does..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeadKrobe8789
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I heard somewhere that cats can't stand the smell of citrus.  I tested this theory by spraying my counters with orange-scented cleaners (my cat was obsessed with sitting on the counter) and he stopped sitting up there.  Maybe if you sprayed the tree and ornaments with something citrus-scented?

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I read on another post that someone mixed lemon juice with water and sprayed it all over their tree and that kept her cats out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Step 1: catch your cat. Step 2: put your cat in a cat carrier or other device of cat confinement. Step 3: take your cat to the local SPCA, because all cats are evil and want to destroy Christmas. Step 4: enjoy your cat free tree!
PinkyPan
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I did this. We have an artificial tree and I sprayed the bottom branches. The cats now stay away.

Quoting lovelife350:

I read on another post that someone mixed lemon juice with water and sprayed it all over their tree and that kept her cats out

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Nah...we love our kitty. Just want her out of the tree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Step 1: catch your cat. Step 2: put your cat in a cat carrier or other device of cat confinement. Step 3: take your cat to the local SPCA, because all cats are evil and want to destroy Christmas. Step 4: enjoy your cat free tree!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)