Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you've gone to Disney World, I have a question for you..

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 105 Replies
How much did you spend?

Which parks you go to?

Where did you stay if hotel?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't go because it's frickin expensive as hell and i only live 20 mintues from there with traffic. for a family of 4, be prepared to drop at LEAST a few hundred just on tickets and food. 

Arib107
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Westgate resort
Magic kingdom ebcot universal studio MGM
A lot lol$$
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Stayed at All Sports resort. Went to all the parks. Not sure how much it cost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

The last time we went was 3 or 4 years ago, I don't remember how much we spent. We stayed at the Polynesian. We went to all of the parks but spent the most time at the Magic Kingdom.

Eyelashes23
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

we spend about 2000. 

we went to all 4 parks and the 2 waterparks.

we stayed in a Disney hotel.

It was just my son and I and we went twice, in 2009 and 2011

Mweddle
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

about 4000 for 4 of us.  We went to all 4 parks, universal as an extra, epcot twice and we took a mini trip to the beach.  Its worth the money.  We stayed off property in a villa and that is less expensive than staying on property and you can cook your own dinners there and save even more money and I thought it was just as good if not better than staying on property.  (I've been twice)   It is SOOOO MUCH FUN!  You have to plan plan plan to make sure you have enough money and that you get to do everything you want to do.  Ridemax (google it) is awesome and it REALLY WORKS!  (it gives you an itenerary of rides to ride at the right time so you don't wait in line) We never waited in line for more than 20 mins.

We also stayed at the Dolphin.  It was ok.  The transportation to the parks was nice.  Parking is like 15 dollars a day.  In the end it was still less expensive to stay in a villa.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We are going, haven't gone yet.

Hotel: Windsor Hills Resort, 3 bedroom 3 bath townhouse with private pool: $750 for 8 nights.

Tickets: 4 adults and 2 kids (our youngest is free so I didn't count him): $787 (yes, we are getting a huge discount because we know someone who works there) We are doing all 4 parks, MK two days.

We figure around $1,500 for food for 7 people for 8 days.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I went when I was little. I have been to all the parks, however I would not be able to tell you how much we spent, but a good guess would be over 200$ on a visit.

We stayed usually in Daytona and drove down to Disneyworld in the morning. Its about an hour, to an hour and a half drive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Universal is not Disney

Quoting Arib107:

Westgate resort

Magic kingdom ebcot universal studio MGM

A lot lol$$

Maevelyn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Oh gosh.. The magic kindgom is the best park by far, followed by Epcot, animal kingdom and then Hollywood studios  (or whatever they call it) You can get really good rates on the Disney Value resorts, like $79 a day and that include early admition to the parks and traporation to the parks. You always get the best experience staying on the disney property and not worrying about transport. Depending on when you're going and how much time you'll be spending in orlando determins if park hopper is worth it. We always seem to end the day at Magic kindgom. If you like rides and want to really go ride to ride park hopper is the best deal. if you've never been and want to see EVERYTHING at every park, save the $$. If you want to know what you're spending (roughly) before you go, the meal plans can help cut costs but so can returning to your hotel room for lunch, which is a good idea if  your kids are small and will need a nap (with little kids that take naps definately stay at Disney bc of the transporation.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)