Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I'm gonna be sick. (sad update on DD)

DD has been completely unable to tolerate her feedings. She already has a fundoplication and a GJ tube, but she can't even handle 15ml per our of just Pedialyte. She can't handle full strength, or even half strength formula at all. 

They've tried several different meds to get her bowels moving again, but none have worked. She's on TPN (IV nutrition), but they are VERY reluctant to send her home on that due to her high risk of infection or damage to her PICC line.

I have to choose between taking her home on TPN and running a very high risk of her getting an infection in her PICC line and getting sepsis. Or We can give her dilluted formula continuously at 10ml per hour, just enough to keep her from feeling hungry, and just let nature take it's course. 

I feel like I've been punched in the gut...

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (171-177):
redcarnelle
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Can you get a prescription for human breast milk? There are milk banks and it sounds like you would definitely qualify. Good luck mommy. Poor baby girl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Im so sorry :'(

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM
My heart goes out to you. Which ever way you go know my thoughts or with your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndBabyMade5
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:00 AM
My little guy also has a fundo and G tube. At first he couldn't tolerate anything above 30 ml/hour and we have slowly worked our way up to a 45 ml/hour feeding. He has GI issues constantly and usually once we get flushed by GoLytely for a full 24 hours then we have a few weeks where we tolerate feeds better.

Our little guy has a terminal heart condition - I tell you this only because I want you to know there are others that understand what you're going through (at least to some degree). Hugs and prayers, mama!! Hoping she starts tolerating her pump feeding soon!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShirreeM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I'm sorry :(
Danglmommy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I'm sorry.
tarakay0417
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I am so sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured