Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she f***in lied *more info added

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 41 Replies
At the beginning of the school year I asked my sons teacher if she would send a request to have my sons speech evaluated, she said she would. I asked about it in October and she said she should get results the following week.

Today I met with the principle and found out no speech test was ever done. But his teacher told me he had been tested and she hasn't gotten the results yet!

I'm not really happy about this!
A little more info on this, my sons teacher has been trying to get me to pull him out of school since the end of October, I have been fighting her tooth and nail on this, its not happening. Her reasoning, because he gets loud and frustrated with the work, today the principle told me that he does not best loud at least not on the days he has sat in on the class, but he does have problems sitting for long periods of time. The principle also agrees that pulling him out now would not be a good move for him, because it would ruin the way he sees school. The principle also made it a point to tell me that boys mature later than girls, most boys aren't mature enough for school compared to girls til 5th or 6th and sometimes even 7th grade. I told the principle I was OK with my son repeating kindergarten if it is necessary for him to do so, or if its an option going to pre-1st, which is kindergarten and first grade combined. The principle is getting his speech evaluated so I guess that's good.
Also the principle was concerned because my son didn't complete the Peabody test, which is identifying pictures, at kindergarten round up.
So far I'm not impressed with the school, but at least the principle is trying to help...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Why would the teacher at the school do that? My son is speech delayed and we went through our pediatrician. My parents did the same thing with my brother and I when we were in Germany. I would just do that and then I would know it was done properly. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

gotta love teachers. >:(

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
His pedi said that he is a little delayed but because he didn't talk til he was 2 and a half he is where he should be because of that, so basically, in a nut shell, I'm fucked!

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Why would the teacher at the school do that? My son is speech delayed and we went through our pediatrician. My parents did the same thing with my brother and I when we were in Germany. I would just do that and then I would know it was done properly. 

ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

wow...i wouldn't want my kids to have a teacher that lied about such htings... and what's her reasoning for lieing

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I honestly don't know, the principle is getting him tested now, but my hell, it should have been done already

Quoting ilovemykids323:

wow...i wouldn't want my kids to have a teacher that lied about such htings... and what's her reasoning for lieing

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
This entire school year has been nothing but hell with his teacher

Quoting bustybee:

atyou
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Wow dude.

I'd be raising hell. That's bullshit.
LiDoMama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Oh I would be VERY upset!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM

ds's kindergarten teacher is a 7/10, but she hasn't been caught in a lie yet. I have had teachers that lied just to lie. I would be livid and ask that a complaint be filed against her.

Quoting blue_elephant:

This entire school year has been nothing but hell with his teacher

Quoting bustybee:

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
It is bull shit! I'm not even sure what to do right now, the principle is having him evaluated now, but damn it, I asked at back to school night and on the first day of school to have him tested

Quoting atyou:

Wow dude.

I'd be raising hell. That's bullshit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)