Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not going to let my kids...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 165 Replies
1 mom liked this

name the new dog lol.

So after discussing it at great length we are finaly ready for a new pet in our lives. We have been ready for awhile now (our dog passed a few years ago now) but we wanted to wait until the kids were both in school etc. So we decided that this Christmas we would get a family pet.

However I have already decided (we don't have a new dog yet) that I am not going to let anyone else name it. My kids come up with the worst name's for pets and stuffed animals. We have a teddy bear named Fruggy and a stuffed rabbit named Bungster. DH is no better, he comes up with the worst ideas (wanted to use the name Duke for a baby girl, seriously). I just can't take the idea of calling a sweet new pet something stupid for it's whole life. And we all know it''s gonna be mommy's dog anyway. I'll be the one doing everything to care for it and I'm the one always home lol.

Stupid confession I know lol

What are your pets names?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Adopt a dog they will already have a name. Don't change the name if you do it will not live as long
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Cats, Mr. bones, Miss Kitty and Skrunk.

Dog. Darcy

birds, Cloud and Chipper

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Our dog is Joey, and we have a goldfish named Matlock.

ETA: Fruggy and Bungster made me laugh! I also can't believe your husband wanted to name a girl Duke. WTF!?!

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

We have Jake, Nala, Dotty and Dotty 2

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

WTF?

Quoting Anonymous:

Adopt a dog they will already have a name. Don't change the name if you do it will not live as long

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I had a Kitty, Sally, Rascal, Misty, Shadow, Sheeba, Bruno and Max. First three were cats; the rest were dogs. I currently only have Kitty. The rest have passed on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

my cats name is george

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

We have four dogs...Mushu, Violet, Charley and Wicket. Youngest DD has fish, they are all named Sparkleworks...she is not allowed to name family pets.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

my puggle's name is Daisy, and momma named her.  there was never any discussion otherwise, the dog told me what her name was and that was it.

kidlover2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Willy, Jasmine, Mayzie, & Mudge
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured