Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr browns bottles help!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
  • 20 Replies
My confession. I didn't have fancy pants bottles with ds.. I got parents choice bottles and used them. But a cousin gave me these and I have no clue how to put em together!!! They are sitting in my sink in hot water sterilizing ATM but how do I put em together????

It's not a huge huge deal since I plan on breast feeding if I can but it would be nice to know because then I can pump and let dh bottle feed lil bit when we get breast feeding established. I'd still like to have them together and ready to go in case I can't breast feed or need em for sis in law or mother in law to feed wee midge.

Help!! And don't laugh at me you silly heads :P
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

nipple goes in first

then the brown thing

then attach  the clear tube unto that

and screw it into the bottle :)

SevenKisses
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I used them but can't remember the drill. I think PP has it right though. I loved those bottles!

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I don't have brown things.. They are yellow. I supose you could call it tan. Lemme try that though..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Dr Browns bottles are a pain in the damn ass. Get some playtex nursers w the inserts and be done w it! My kids wouldnt even LOOK at a traditional bottle as babies!! Made faces and absolutely REFUSED to take them!

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM

tan=brown. I LOVED Dr. Brown's bottles, my DD was BF but when she got a bottle she got those--they help with gassiness so much!  We got by on three four oz and three 8 oz bottles total since she only got a bottle every few days.

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM
It worked!! That was easy lol now I feel stupid though I don't have any of the lil tube things for the 4 oz bottles.. Do they not use em or?

Quoting ilovemykids323:

nipple goes in first

then the brown thing

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I'm not gonna toss em just because they may be annoying. I got em free from a cousin so ill at least try them. But if they do drive me nuts I will be getting the drop in ones instead. Thanks though

Quoting Anonymous:

Dr Browns bottles are a pain in the damn ass. Get some playtex nursers w the inserts and be done w it! My kids wouldnt even LOOK at a traditional bottle as babies!! Made faces and absolutely REFUSED to take them!

LiDoMama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I loved those with my older son, they are good for refluxers. Make sure you use the little bottle brush they come with..reglar bottle brush won't clean the tan thing well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

yes mine had all the same parts. you can probably buy them separetly.

Quoting Sparkyfire:

It worked!! That was easy lol now I feel stupid though I don't have any of the lil tube things for the 4 oz bottles.. Do they not use em or?

Quoting ilovemykids323:

nipple goes in first

then the brown thing

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I loved my Dr. Brown's bottles...my youngest had horrible reflux and they were the only bottles that wven remotely worked for her...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)