Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did I even call you? vent

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 2 Replies

FIL is a plumber. The house we bought was his old house and he had done all of the plumbing in it. We have renters living in it now, and they are saying that the furnice is not working. So naturally I called FIL to go over to look at it. We do not live in the same town and FIL IS A PLUMBER!!! 

He calls my renters and tells them to call a different company and tell them to bill everything to me and DH. I could have done that and with the Holidays here we don't know if we can afford it. Not only that, but because FIL used to own a plumbing business almost all of the companys in town will not go near my house because 'it is Gary's (FIL) house, let him fix it'. It is a small town and there is small town bs. The only people that will come out are the most expensive and are always crazy busy.  FIL could have told me that he didn't want to go 5 min out of his way to look at something just once for our family. Vent over

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BEast915
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

You cannot afford to be a landlord if you cannot afford to fix any issue immediately. True story. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)