Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eta/2-25: I swear I can't handle much more of my mothers bulls***. **long but could use some advice** ETA almost done. 1/22/13

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this
Sorry for any typos, I'm
Not use to this touch screen and auto correct is a bitch.

Let me give you a little background:

I'm 17, my dd is 8 months old today.
My mom was an alcoholic until I was 14. After which she started to become verbally abusive, which I can handle well.

But for some unknown reason she always has to pick a fight, start some drama or make up a bull shit story and then play the Posted by Anonymous
today at 7:25pm report
So...you made a goodbye post. It got deleted. So you made another?

Okay.
Quote Like
Posted by Anonymous
because you complained about cafemom and that is against the rules my dear. don't get too excited...

Quote Like
Posted by mishamama
today at 7:25pm (1 like) report
What the fuck are you talking about?
Quote Like
Posted by jbirdsladie27
So what'd I miss?
Quote Like
Posted by Anonymous
Because you are an idiot.
Quote Like
Posted by Beautiful31mom
This one will get deleted too.

Quote Like
Posted by hunnybunny2001
Bye hunny have a blessed day :-)
Quote Like
Posted by MichelleSw
today at 7:26pm report
Leave already. You are the bitch.

Quote Like
Posted by fullxbusymom
You are off your rocker

Quote Like
Posted by misskriss10

Quoting mishamama:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Quote Like
coffee, we were out of creamer and she wanted me to go get some.

So i got DDs stuff together, got my purse and went to get her and out her in the stroller. Mom was holding her, she looked at me and said
"you are NOT taking her with you."

I said "..yes I am. It's nice out, it'll be good for her to get out."

She then started screaming while holding my daughter.

I told her to give my daughter to me.

She refused and started screaming abd cussing again, dd was scared ad screaming, I told my mom she had two seconds to give me my daughter before i called the police.

She loosened her grip and I took dd, as I started to walk away she pulled me back by my hair, WHILE I WAS HOLDING MY DAUGHTER.

I told her to let go of me, she said "no, I'm you're mother, you can't tell me what to do."

I pulled away, she slapped me.

I got away, put dd in her car seat and started to pack.

I had planned to text SO to come get us and that If she wouldn't let him in within 10 minutes to call the police. (we have double sided dead bolts.)

She stormed back there and wouldn't let me out of my room.

We proceeded to argue some more.

She kept saying that I'm a horrible mother, that she's given up so much for us and we never appreciate it.

I told her that if she cared about us so much she wouldt always be saying what a mistake we were and how much she wished she'd never had kids. I told her she had made it quite obvious that he didnt want me there and that if she hated me as much she said then why not just let me leave.

She went on to say that everything she ever did was in out best interest.

I said "so marrying a registered sex offender who turned out to be an abusive drug addict, and spending 4 1/2 years too drunk to know what we're doing was in our BEST interest?"

She didn't say anything after that.

I told her she needed to ether let me leave, are she needed to calm down.

We left my room.

A couple weeks ago, she freaked out on me because I wont force my 8 month old to wear shoes.

She said "why dont you put shoes on her? It might help her walk better in her walker."

I said "I've tried a couple times, but she hates shoes, she just cries and tries to kick them off, it's not a big deal. I think she should get use to walk and crawling barefoot before she tries it with shoes."

She freaked out and started screaming "So what, when she starts kindergarten and doesn't want to wear her fucking shoes your going to say 'oh, she doesn't like yhem'"

She then proceeded to call
Me many names. I picked dd up and just walked away.

She then started to bitching that I jut walk away from her web she's trying to have a conversation.

Sorry, but a conversation does not involve screaming, yelling and calling me names.

I wake her up every morning, I wasn't going to
School today (i go for three hours) because I had a WIC appointment,
I woke her up, and then went to wake dd up.

Mom yelled, I couldn't hear what she said, I yelled back, "what?, I couldn't hear you over the baby."

She didn't respond, so
I continued to
Change dd and make her a bottle, I picked up the dirty bottle and went to
Wash it and find out what she wanted.

I walked in there and she started screaming.

She had wanted me to take my brother to the bus like every morning, and that "it's fucking ridiculous that everyone in this house ignores me."

I said "I was changing [dds name], I already planned to still
Take him out, I already have my shoes on."

She then proceeded to
Scream at me.

10 minutes later she yelled for me to get in there.

I got in there And she proceeded to bitch at me and said "if you can't help me out then I won't be helping you. I'm not watching her while you go
To your WIC appointment."

I walked off.

10 minutes later she went to take my brother to the bus,before she left she yelled something which was followed by "fuck you guys.".

I got in the hall
Closet to imd DDs winter/snow suit because it's called out, and I couldn't reschedule my appointment.

When mom came back in she asked what I was doing.

I sad "looking for hers now suite thing so she won't get cold or sick."

She started yelling and screaming that I was being ridiculous and that if I took her out there that would make
Me horrible mother.

I can't take it anymore. She picks fights. She twists everything you say around.

I swear the woman is either bipolar or schizophrenic, one minute she's fine the next she's acting totally insane.

I won't be 18 for 11 months and 3 days, I know that's not long but I am Seriousily ready to snap.

I in no way qualify for emancipation, I've already looked into that, and she refuses to let me leave.

Added note. It would help if I had a way to prove verbal and emotional abuse, but without proof She'll just lie through her teeth, and for some unknown reason people believe her and feel bad for her..

Eta: she rarely yells at my brothers. I don't know why I'm her punching bag but apperantly I am.

Eta: here's one of my biggest fears, shes not like this with the boys,if I report her, they would put
My youngest brother in a mental institution.

That would hurt and scare him.

I don't want that for him, that's why I keep trying to just tough it out.

Eta: im in Indiana. You are NOT automatically emancipated here. (southern Indiana near Vincennes)

Eta; we left.
My mom and I got in a fight.
I text so.
Packed up,
We left
We are at her dads house.
I'm done with her and her bullshit.

Eta: we went back yesterday and got a majority of our things.

We applied for a low income Area here, and are on a waiting list, it'll be 2 or 3 months before they have a vacancy, they will call when they do.

We're going to court to try to get a permission to marry ( ;court is Friday)

We, and the lawyer we spoke to, think we have a good chance at gaining permission.

If we can get married then I will be emancipated and we can apply for Medicaid and food stamps while we get on our feet.

SO got a job where his dad works, good pay, and I'm doing to take my GED tests in two weeks.

I've saved every text my mom has sent, and haven't been replying to her nasty messages.

Soon it'll all be over, we can move on as a family, and thankfully our daughter won't remember any of this.

Eta 2/25/. We are completely moved into our new home. Dd has get own bedroom. Intake my GED exams next months. ;(I had to delay taking it due to some issues) Oh and dd is walking now.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatiana7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
What state are you in, honey?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Indiana.

Quoting Tatiana7:

What state are you in, honey?

3Dani75
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM
5 moms liked this

What state do you live in because I believe in most states once you have had a child you are automatically emancipated, also at 17 I think you can choose to leave your parents home legally as long as you have somewhere to go, I would look into these things a little bit more if I were you, you need to get away from her for your own safety/sanity as well as that of your child...good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

how do you know you wouldn't qualify for emancipation unless you try?  She is verbally and mentally abusive.  Of course she's not going to let you go, you are her punching bag.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM
You aren't automatically emancipated here, I Looked into that while I was pregnant.

And I've tried to look burning haven't been
Able to find anything that said whether I could be forced back home if I leave.

Quoting 3Dani75:

What state do you live in because I believe in most states once you have had a child you are automatically emancipated, also at 17 I think you can choose to leave your parents home legally as long as you have somewhere to go, I would look into these things a little bit more if I were you, you need to get away from her for your own safety/sanity as well as that of your child...good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM
To gain emancipation I have to be able to support both me and my daughter without any form of PA, or
Assistance from
Family and friends.

The only ways to automatically be emancipated it to join the military or get married, which requires parental consent.

Quoting Anonymous:

how do you know you wouldn't qualify for emancipation unless you try?  She is verbally and mentally abusive.  Of course she's not going to let you go, you are her punching bag.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM

what would happen if you packed and went to your BFs?

somemore83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow honey I don't know what to tell you.  I would just move out and not go back, but that is just me.  I moved out when I was 17 but only because my mom didn't have any money and she couldnt afford to feed us.  I was 17 my brother was 18.  I moved in with my bf at the time, my brother got hi own place.  I mean maybe record her yelling at you and call the police and tell them  you do not want your child around that and you just want to leave.  You said you could move in with the baby's dad and his dad? so just do it sometime when she's not home, what is she going to do?call you in as a runaway? Just get away from her before she hurts you or your dd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I don't know. She knows Id go there. She could report me as a runaway and I'm not sure if the police would force me to go back. If it were just me
I wouldn't be a high priority case but I
Dont know how it would work since I have an 8 month old.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

what would happen if you packed and went to your BFs?

badylugs80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this
In a lot of states 17 qualifies as an adult. Call you local non emergency # for the police and ask what they would do if you left
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)