Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Me Choose!!! Pleeease!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: So which do you like the best?

Options:

The Avett Brothers - The Greatest Sum

Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

This isn't drama filled, there is nothing about food stamps, Christmas, breastfeeding, religion, or cheating husbands in this post.. but I still need some help. If you could take the time out to read and listen to these two (really awesomeee) songs, and give me an opinion I would be super appreciative :).

Okay.. so.. my fiance and I are getting married May 25th and I am sooo excited!!!!!!!bouncing

Now.. we are planning a 40s-50s themed wedding. We are going to play all kinds of music at the reception, but the procession and most of the big deal songs.. we were planning to use older music, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, etc.

When we met a mutual friend introduced us. I was a designated driver for my friends one night, and one of my best guy friends asked if I would take his friend, Mike, home since he lived just a few minutes from my house and I said sure. Well I drove my friends home and drove him home last. The whole way to his house, and for about 20 minutes in his drive way we just talked and talked and talked, so effortlessly. We didn't start dating for a month after we met, but from that night I stopped talking to any guy I thought might lead to something further, except him. He got ahold of me the next day and I knew right away he liked me, but he was and is SO sweet, and respectful and just wonderful. Anyway I'm rambling -- long story short we have been inseperable since we met and we thought of this song for our first dance:

Now.. The Avett Brothers have been one of my favorite bands, and very close to my heart for almost 7 years now. I absolutely love them, to me.. The Avett Brothers and Led Zeppelin are my musical end all be all lol. Somehow I managed last night to come across an Avett Bros song that I have never heard before and it hit me like : THIS could be it.

I dragged him to an Avett Brothers concert for the first time after we had been dating for a few months. He wasn't sure he would like it, but ended up loooving the high-energy awesome show. He took me to see them in NYC when he proposed, and they are like.. our band, to us. But.. it doesn't reeeally go with the theme, it is called "The Greatest Sum" :

Which do you like? I love them both, my fiance loves them both. I thought picking a venue was hard lol. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cableknit
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Bump

cableknit
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

BUMP

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I picked Ol' Blue Eyes!

I love that kind of music too!

PinkyPan
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Frank!

kate80
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I voted. Can't go wrong with ol blue eyes. I did not care for second one except for intro. Me and so danced to al greene
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cableknit
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting auntietotty:

I picked Ol' Blue Eyes!

I love that kind of music too!

I can't wait to start getting into the decorating. We're having our wedding at an old old, restored theater in my town :).

Nikki.Michelle
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Sinatra. :)

SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I effing love the Avetts.
cableknit
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, me too.

I remember the 1st time I saw them was in a small theater in Ithaca, NY. The tickets were $15 at the door, and I swear we were literally sitting on the stage. But seriously.. it was magic, their shows are magical sooo so just.. moving.

They are getting really huge now, which is great for them and their shows are still SOO amaing, but I miss the intimacy sometimes of their small shows. Seriously though, I'm amazed everyone doesn't worship them like I do lol. I asked SO for sheet music from the I and Love and You album for Piano :).

Quoting SommelierMom:

I effing love the Avetts.

SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting cableknit:

'I and Love and You' is actually my favorite of their songs. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)