Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My BIGGEST Parenting FAIL**EDIT**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
**EDIT** I am hereby hijacking my own post. Please go to page 16 and find my SUICIDAL ANON and give her love and support! PLEASE!

is that I smoke in the car with my dd. All my Windows and sunroof are open but it is still awful! I don't smoke in the house.

What's do you do that is blatantly wrong and makes you feel guilty but you still do it?

CONFESS and use that ANON button...

Eta: I'm not going to respond to the obvious bash comments. Duh, I know, it is why I went ANON in the CONFESSION GROUP. I'm merely sharing my FAIL and interested to see what else moms do.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Replies (231-237):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Wow....what did they do?

Quoting Anonymous:

I took the Christmas tree down because my kids pissed me off. I want to return all their gifts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Oh my. Definitely have a chat with dh!

Quoting Anonymous:

started smocking cigarettes again after 7 years of no cigarettes today because i am so overwhelmed and and stressed out im scared i may snap on one of the kids. hiding in the closet for mommy time out and cool down isnt working anymore. this is my last resort effort before i get in dh face and scream at him about how unhappy and stressed out i am. teling him nicely isnt working either he doesnt seem to get the hint. I think its just the holidays adding to all the stress and bratty behavior but i may rip my hair out if i dont get some relief soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel you on that!

Quoting svolkov:

Worst thing..... I let my oldest wear his shoes without socks to school if we cant find any. :/ I swear I buy a new pkg every month. I must have a sock monster living in my house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

wow people really missed your point! My biggest fail is that I DO THAT TOO!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I have tried he doesnt seem to get the idea until i snap... it was like this last year except i snapped into a depression and sought the help of the dr and counselor to avoid medication. and then after he went in for a check up and our dr told him how serious it was he straightened up for a while but he is slipping again and i hit a wall, so this will have to do for now.... today for the first time in about a month i didnt lose my cool and have to walk away and hide. and if he finds out he can demand i quit all he wants but then he would be a hypocrite since he chews tobacco. and i only had 2 cigarettes today total so i would say its a win at this point. i dont like exploding and feeling that loss of control when i get to the breaking point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my. Definitely have a chat with dh!

Quoting Anonymous:

started smocking cigarettes again after 7 years of no cigarettes today because i am so overwhelmed and and stressed out im scared i may snap on one of the kids. hiding in the closet for mommy time out and cool down isnt working anymore. this is my last resort effort before i get in dh face and scream at him about how unhappy and stressed out i am. teling him nicely isnt working either he doesnt seem to get the hint. I think its just the holidays adding to all the stress and bratty behavior but i may rip my hair out if i dont get some relief soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I feel your pain. I think about suicide every day too. The stresses of motherhood really gets to me, especially with all the other crap I have to take as well. Im miserable. My husband knows it. I know it. It just seems like there is no way to get out of it. Im trying. Im doing fun things with the kids and trying to be more active to get me out of my depression.. but something always happens that brings me right back into it. :( I've been suicidal since I was 12. My mom never paid attention to me and I felt like I had to kill myself to make her happy (I wasnt that easy as a child, my hormones were raging and I didnt know how to stop it.) Those feelings have rolled over into my adult life and every time something goes wrong these days I just feel the need to die. Not to really kill myself, just to die and not be here anymore. Its such a sad feeling and having it for more than 15 years is not easy to deal with. I wish you the best of luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have sever depression and have no money to seek help. I think about suicide everyday. The only thing stopping me is my kids. I still feel it is a parenting fail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Lol, yeah...some people got it though thankfully.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow people really missed your point! My biggest fail is that I DO THAT TOO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)