Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband isn't all there.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am due in the end of June. I plan to breast feed, so I was discussing my concerns with DH. I have a stepson who is 6 and a step daughter who is 4. I don't plan to let my boobs hang out in front of them, but I'm a little worried that they might see me breast feeding and it might cause problems with their mom. I plan to talk to her about it before the baby is born. Anyway, I was telling DH that I wasn't going to go sit in my room with the baby while it ate... He asked why not. I said because I wasn't going to be stuck in my room for an hour feeding the baby. I said "Would you expect me to go in to room if I was feeding the baby a bottle?"

I know SS doesn't need to see my boobs, but at the same time, it's not like he would. I plan to do the "2 shirt" route where you can see nothing... I also feel like I should be able to breastfeed in my home when I want and where I want. I kind of feel like SS needs to go play in his room or go outside to play so he isn't staring at me doing it. This is where the conversation got good.

I when I told DH I wasn't going to be stuck in my room whenever the baby ate, he acted like an ass. Like he expected me too. Then he said "it wouldn't be illegal if there was nothing wrong with it." WHAT?! **He meant illegal in public, btw. Still, wtf. He thinks that breastfeeding in public is illegal.. I'm still in shock. Who thinks that!? Not to mention we weren't even talking about BFing in public, we were talking about BFing in my home.. Geez. He needs a good shake sometimes.

So anyway, and SM's who have experience with this?? What did you do? Go to your room, make the SKids go play, or just not really worry about it?

Wife to Brian (08.29.2011) Mommy to Kayelynn(2) Step-Mom to Seth(6) and Paige(4)

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyoftwoluvs
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM
You should buy the breastfeeding cover they sale at target ! I loved it used it all the time it covers well !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Just curious, what state do you live in?

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I don't think it would kill them to witness a child nursing. Everyone is way over reacting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Ohio.

Is there some sort of law about this that I don't know about?

Quoting Greenstone920:

Just curious, what state do you live in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

That's crazy.  If I have company, I might excuse myself to feed the baby but if I'm in my house, be prepared to see at least some sideboob.  It's natural.  He should try to encourage you and teach his kids what you are doing.  You can always get a cover or blanket so you can be discrete but I wouldn't want to be banished to the bedroom every time I had to feed baby.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

This is exactly how I feel!It would be different if they were here every other weekend. But they are here a lot. Normally 50/50. 50% of the time is a lot to be stuck in my room staring at the wall!

Quoting frankiesma530:

That's crazy.  If I have company, I might excuse myself to feed the baby but if I'm in my house, be prepared to see at least some sideboob.  It's natural.  He should try to encourage you and teach his kids what you are doing.  You can always get a cover or blanket so you can be discrete but I wouldn't want to be banished to the bedroom every time I had to feed baby.

KayelynnsMama

Sorry. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

VintageWife

I'm not a SM, but my hubby has no problems with bf'ing in public or at home. He'd be the first to say something if anyone gave me any issues. Join the breastfeeding group or even the natural birth and parenting group. You'll get lots of support in those groups for your choice to bf'd and even some advice from women that have had husbands act like that at first as well.

BTW, look up the bf'ing laws for your state and show him.

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I hear ya.  They are old enough to understand.  Good luck and don't let anyone discourage you.

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

This is exactly how I feel!It would be different if they were here every other weekend. But they are here a lot. Normally 50/50. 50% of the time is a lot to be stuck in my room staring at the wall!

Quoting frankiesma530:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)