Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pleursy...really thought i was about to die..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Mothher of God I have never heard of such shit before but earlier this afternoon I got this weird pain in my chest and back. It wasn't too bad. Felt like a muscle was pulled. Well by the end of the day, I felt like I was dying. I pulled through and toughed it out for my final but by then it hurt so bad..I just wanted to not breathe because breathing hurt. It felt like I was breathing in Vicks ( that feeling you get when you breathe it in) and it just felt horrible.

I.came home and laid down. I really just wanted to hold my breathe. Www went to the er and they made me wait. I told them that it hurts to.breathe. that id rather not do it..at this point I was taking such tiny breathes but I didn't fucking care. Just knew breathing little didn't hurt. Honest to gos thought I was gonna die..I mean I couldn't breathe at all without my lungs feeling like they're on fire

Anyway. Pleurisy was the final diagnosis. I still hurt but they have me on meds so its not as bad. Said there is nothing they can do for it. Told me I must have had a infection prior to this. No. I felt perfectly fine. Havenr been sick at all.

Anyway has anyone had this? Does it really take a few weeks to recover from?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Bump
vegepunkstr
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Im sorry you are dealing with that. My sister in law had it. She thought she was having a heart attack and called 911. They told her it was caused by anxiety and stress. They never mentioned anything about it being related to an infection.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Groove
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
i get it constantly. Last time, i was laid up for a week. Had to miss so much work. It felt like my chest was exploding everytime i moved. And no, there is literally nothing they can do about it. Its an air bubble in between the layers of your lung. Fucking sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
the first time i got it was at 16 and i thought i was dying. I was omw to my house after visiting my bf and i just dropped. Exbf's parents called an ambulance. My dad never looked so scared. He thought i was having a heart attack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
They said its common after upper respiratory infections. They said nothing about anxiety or stress.

Quoting vegepunkstr:

Im sorry you are dealing with that. My sister in law had it. She thought she was having a heart attack and called 911. They told her it was caused by anxiety and stress. They never mentioned anything about it being related to an infection.

ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM
I have had it my whole life. It is normally caused by infection or scarring in the lungs(in my case). They usually suggest anti-inflammatory drugs but yes it can take up to 8 weeks to get better. It is just the two layers of your lungs rubbing together because there is no fluid between them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

My brother just got over this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
That's what I'm on ..and pain meds.

Quoting ms.momo3:

I have had it my whole life. It is normally caused by infection or scarring in the lungs(in my case). They usually suggest anti-inflammatory drugs but yes it can take up to 8 weeks to get better. It is just the two layers of your lungs rubbing together because there is no fluid between them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
The er pissed me off. No one knew what was wrong but I still waited for 2 hours. :( dh had to make me breathe and I only did it when it became uncomfortable and then I just took a small one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)