Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A smoker who is disgusted with some smokers.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
4 moms liked this

I smoke cigarettes.

I am a smoker.

Here is what I DO NOT do:

1. Smoke around children, especially in indoor spaces.

2. Smoke near doorways of public spaces.

3. Smoke in confined spaces with people who don't smoke.

When I see a person driving down the road with a cigarette in their hand and kids in the car it outrages me. Every summer DH and I drive 22 hours to visit his family and we still never smoke with our kids in the car. We pull over to smoke or smoke at rest stops/fast food parking lots etc.

If I am smoking on a public sidewalk and see a family approaching, I move into the parking lot or away from their path.

Some smokers are inconsiderate or stupid, take your pick. There are smokers who are just as disgusted with their behavior as non-smokers are.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
3 moms liked this
Smoking is disgusting no matter how you do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Yup I don't smoke indoors either, don't smoke near doorway or public spaces either, but I will admit I can't help it I smoke in the car.  All windows open and my hand and arm out the window at all times.  Not an excuse but I won't lie I am guilty of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Smoking is disgusting no matter how you do it.

I am a smoker and I agree, which is why I keep my yucky habit away from other people, especially kids.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

That's awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup I don't smoke indoors either, don't smoke near doorway or public spaces either, but I will admit I can't help it I smoke in the car.  All windows open and my hand and arm out the window at all times.  Not an excuse but I won't lie I am guilty of it.

By yourself or with your kids in the car? There is a big difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I agree. Last summer we went to this family burger restaurant and when we were leaving, there was this group of teens who were smoking right in front of the entrance/exit. I was like, "Really? I'm a smoker but have respect for others around you". Smh.
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
I'm a smoker,I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. Last summer we went to this family burger restaurant and when we were leaving, there was this group of teens who were smoking right in front of the entrance/exit. I was like, "Really? I'm a smoker but have respect for others around you". Smh.

It is about respect. Not everyone wants to breathe in smoke.

Maybe I am wierd, but I am a smoker who hates being in a cloud of second-hand smoke too. So if a bunch of my friend's and I are sitting in someone's garage or something smoking and talking I will ask to crack the garage door open to vent the area.

It is gross, but yet I still smoke. I quit about 3 months ago and stayed quit for 2 months... then work got to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

With my kids.  I am not proud but I will admit this is my one fatal flaw.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

By yourself or with your kids in the car? There is a big difference.

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

my lungs say thank you!  Smoke smell triggers migraines for me, I so appreciate it when people are considerate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)