Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh forbid me to drive!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I turned around once to talk to my 2 year old who was crying and accidentally went into the ditch.  I was stuck and I called dh.  He came as quick as he could. but a police officer just happened to be cruising by. My dh showed up a few minutes later. Long story short, I got a ticket for reckless driving and have to appear in court. My dh forbid me to drive again because I put our son is danger.

I think he's way out of line. Don't you?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Technically he can't forbid you to drive. However, I would be pissed if someone drove off the road with my kid in the car because of their negligence.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Technically he can't forbid you to drive. However, I would be pissed if someone drove off the road with my kid in the car because of their negligence.

I was just trying to see what was wrong

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Forbids you? I didn't know the Taliban took over America.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Then you PULL OVER! You obviously need to retake some drivers ed courses.

HipLikeJunk

I agree with this.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Kids distract us when we drive if u cant handel it u shouldnt drive with kids un the car. Ive managed to keep out of ditches for many years. Take a driving class but i agree with ur dh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

mcclainprincess
You cant turn your head without taking your whole body with you? Or at least pull over?
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Use the rear view mirror or pull over. It isn't safe to turn around while you're driving, as is evidenced by the fact that you ran off the road and got stuck in a ditch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

banana-bear
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Grow a pair and tell him to fuck off. I'll laugh in my husband's face the day he tries to forbid me from doing something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I agree with pp... you need to take a couple driving courses first then get back behind the wheel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)