Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you effectively discipline your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

So, my kids have decided that they don't need to listen, or if they start out listening they get distracted quickly.

For example, today I told them at different times during the day "hey guys can you please empty the dishwasher"  "Hey guys, here is your laundry please go put it away" and then " hey guys can you please pick up the dining room"

Well, they left all the silverware and a few plates, in the dishwasher, normally they do actually finish it before walking away, so I went to fill it and lo and behold, they didn't finish.

Dd's bed is still covered in her laundry, even though her brothers even went to help her, after they put their's away.

Then NONE of them actually cleaned the dining room, by that point I told them each at least five times to get back on task and clean ( I was folding laundry, and sorting things by size). They still were not done when DH got home and he sat on top of them saying pick that up, and that, and that, and that, and that, and it still took them 15 minutes.

Dd has also been working on cleaning her room for two weeks now.

I just don't know how to effectively get through to them, we've tried grounding, spankings for the 3 yr old ( he jumped off of the top bunk bed the other day, twice after I told him not to) no tv, no books, no toys, no computers. There isn't really anything we can take away.

Right now dh has dd writing " I will not dilly dally, and  I will get my work done." 100 times

And now she is crying that it might just be the worst birthday ever (her birthday is Sunday)

She doesn't get that writing something 100 times should not take more then a few hrs, and going longer is not an option. 

But I don't know what punishment to give, if she does go past the 3 day limit her dad set.

What do you do that works?

They are (going to be) 9, 7.5 and 3

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

By beating their asses.

mamabear55
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Whatever is distracting them; take it away for a week.

mamabear55
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

By beating their asses.

I hope your kids get taken away

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Well, they all distract each other. 

Quoting mamabear55:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting mamabear55:

Quoting Anonymous:

By beating their asses.

I hope your kids get taken away

Oh lighten up.

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Bump for answers I need too without violence
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

1. You are ASKING...STOP IT!

2. If I have to remind you more than 3 times to do something, you are grounded for the rest of the night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I take shit away.
mamabear55
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

lol, well this always worked with me. Make them write 100 sentences.  It's so tedious and boring, it should work

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, they all distract each other. 

Quoting mamabear55:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I find I usually get ignored when I'm asking nicely...they tend to try to walk all over me. They push buttons until they turn the "crazy" switch. I yell loudly, they get big eyed, and fly around the house doing whatever it was I was asking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)