Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Get in the bath with their infant?  

After I take my shower, I fill up the bath, strip my DS down, and bathe him in my lap.  He likes it better than his bathing chair, and he doesn't slide down.  I like the security and the intimacy of it.  DS used to hate baths until I did this with him, and now he giggles and laughs like crazy (whether I'm in there with him or not).

Obviously this method won't continue past a year, and I've already started weening him off of it (he'll be 5 months on the 15th, and he's doing fine in his chair now).

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
3 moms liked this
My baby doesn't even like water.. Just looking at it and he freaks out. Pretty sure he is part cat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melschlegs
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Mine used to be the same way, so I just tried this technique one day, and he loved it!  Maybe that would help!

Quoting Ninjabubble:

My baby doesn't even like water.. Just looking at it and he freaks out. Pretty sure he is part cat.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I still bathe with my DD, she'll be 3 in march.

ibelieveinpink
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I used to take baths with my boys. We would shower together some time too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I've tried it. Doesn't work. We've tried swaddling him and putting him in and slowly take away the blanket, bubbles, lots if toys, showering. Nothing!

Quoting melschlegs:

Mine used to be the same way, so I just tried this technique one day, and he loved it!  Maybe that would help!

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melschlegs
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Oh, wow!  Does she do well by herself, if someone else has to bathe her?  I was just concerned about him getting so used to bathing with me that he wouldn't cooperate with anyone else bathing him.

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

I still bathe with my DD, she'll be 3 in march.

queencreekmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep! I bathed with mine until they were old enough to shower and then a showered with them until they were about 6. 

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't bathe with my daughter but I know lots of moms do bathe with their kids. Mine loves the water so there's no need really.  I don't think most people see any problems with it as long as they are not teenagers lol

NoahandEliza
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM
It's so much easier for me to take a bath with dd, too. I hate the bath chairs because she couldn't sit in them right and it killed my back. She's a little fish and loves water, bathing with her is just more convenient for me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melschlegs
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Aww, that's sad!  DS had his first-ever belly laugh in the bath tub with me at 2.5 months.  We love bath time!

Quoting Ninjabubble:

I've tried it. Doesn't work. We've tried swaddling him and putting him in and slowly take away the blanket, bubbles, lots if toys, showering. Nothing!

Quoting melschlegs:

Quoting Ninjabubble:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)