Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I work at a daycare that is jerking us around.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Sorry just needed to vent.

I work at a daycare, the toddler room is 1-2.5yr. Most days we have 12 kids sometimes 13. Well they are telling us the ratios are 1:4 and 1:5 but they can have 2staff taking care of 12 kids. I have looked up the rules online questioned them about it. We are still getting the same run around.

On the days we have 13kids there are still only 2staff. Im soo frustrated because the rules from what I have read are 1:4 or 1:5 max group of 12 with 3 teachers if 1:4 ratio is used and max group of 10 with 2 teachers when they use the 1:5 ratio. There is only one day we "might" even be within ratio.

I'm really frustrated, I know I can call it in on them but I dont know how long it would take for someone to come out and do something about it. Talking to the bosses doesnt seem to be changing anything they just keep trying to say what there doing is legal.

I really reallly dont want to lose my job, I dont get a lot of hours as it is. But this isnt fair to the kids anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Shiiiiiiiiiit, gimme the number. I'll call for you. 

You don't get in trouble, I save some babies and get to pretend to be a badass. 

It's a win win, babay...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM

the ratio for toddlers is 1 teacher 4 kids....or 2 teachers for 9 kids. There should not be more than 9 kids in a toddler classroom.  You can call and report it, they should come quickly (within the week). I've worked at daycares for 12 years and it has ALWAYS been this way. Preschool is 1 person for 10 kids and 2 for 20. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
This. PM and give her and maybe two other people the number. You don't want everyone calling! Lol. It'll seem like it's concerned parents calling.

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Shiiiiiiiiiit, gimme the number. I'll call for you. 

You don't get in trouble, I save some babies and get to pretend to be a badass. 

It's a win win, babay...

jessistarr85
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Do you work at kindercare? They pulled that crap with me. I quit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM

The ratios are what I stated above for our state. there is a max group of 12 but there has to be 3 teachers not 2. And I'm probably going to call myself at least get some answers on some of the stuff thats going on. And nope not kindercare.

diamondgyal16
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

sounds like my job i work at a daycare also same ratios also of course today we were out of ratio and we were told to figure it out ourselves but then they eventually came up with a way to make sure we are in ratio

diamondgyal16
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

what state are you in

Quoting Anonymous:

The ratios are what I stated above for our state. there is a max group of 12 but there has to be 3 teachers not 2. And I'm probably going to call myself at least get some answers on some of the stuff thats going on. And nope not kindercare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

They arent even telling us to figure it out. They are just trying to convince us what they are doing is compleatly okay. Like we are dumb or something. Northeast.

aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM

in my state it's 3:1 for under 2, 4:1 for 3 year olds 6:1 for4 yro

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

In my state it is 1:4 infants (6wk-1yr) max group of 8. Toddlers (1yr-2.5yr) 1:4 max group of 12 or 1:5 max group of 10. pre-k goes 2.5yr-3yr 1:7 max group of 21. so on so on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)