Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want a BABY!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

We want a baby SO bad, but I am scared to death to be pregnant again! My daughter was born 10 weeks early 3 years ago, caused by preeclampsia and placental abruption. I'm scared of being on bed rest, I'm scared of a another nicu stay, even worse, what if I go into labor too early? Ugh! My doctor seems to think everything is daisies and roses and that another pregnancy would be completely fine. So I have no idea why I'm so scared! Do you think you'd have another after a preemie?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafer
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Go buy one!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Quoting winkyloafer:

Go buy one!

Omg lol

supermom985
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how I would feel about have another after all of that because I have never been in that situation. I want another even tho all of my pregnancies are high risk and a lot of work , but I love kids and I want at least one more . 

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i think that you should have another baby. 

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM

my friend had a placenta abruption as well, at 34 weeks...she is pregnant again, 18 weeks in, and things are looking good.  She had a ton of concerns but from what her OBGYN has found, while you would be considered high risk, it's not that likely that it will happen again. Best of luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Thank you, that's reassuring. That's what my doctor said as well, but all of the "what ifs" just won't get out of my head!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

my friend had a placenta abruption as well, at 34 weeks...she is pregnant again, 18 weeks in, and things are looking good.  She had a ton of concerns but from what her OBGYN has found, while you would be considered high risk, it's not that likely that it will happen again. Best of luck!

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

they are even discussing letting her go into labor naturally and try a vaginal delivery (she had a partial tear at 34 weeks, was on bed rest for three weeks with the baby getting no nutrients/no weight gain so the lungs would develop, and when they induced her, the placenta completely detached, so an emergency c-section).  The stats for it occurring again are relatively low.  I ask her questions about it all the time and she seems pretty confident after taking with her doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, that's reassuring. That's what my doctor said as well, but all of the "what ifs" just won't get out of my head!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM
My cousin still born last year, knot in cord. She's pregnant again and hes almost here. Try if u want too
LucyHourglass
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

adoption? surrogate?

jacandjay
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I was born 10 weeks early and i was in the nicu for a while, my mom had 2 others after me and my brother and sister were born just fine and on time :) good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)