Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yay we are heading home!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
But! Mother of all that is holy I hate packing. We live 18hrs from "home" right now, due to my husband's military service we only get to go home once a year, usually at Christmas time. We are leaving the 27th and wont be home for 2ish weeks. I'm the designated packer for myself, our two kids ages 22mts and 3.5 plus dh. He will be working till the very last minute. I need help with what to bring in the truck for the kids to keep them occupied. We will leave around noon so no hope of them sleeping till late that night. Plus gotta pack enough for accidents & emergencies.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Bump for tips
bri2011
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Books, crayola wonder, portable dvd player, a favorite toy for each. Blanket for each. Snacks/sippy cups, bottled waters, a towel for unexpected mess or leaks. Two extra outfits in backseat for quick emergency changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I swear I was the queen of this shit... then we had a second kid and it's like my brain went out the window, down the street and caught a bus to Japan. I'm literally drawing a blank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM
That's a long drive. It takes is that long driving from TX to NC. Terrible!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM
You got it! Except SC to TX!

Quoting Anonymous:

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Lol! It's all the same thing (sort of). But we haven't made that drive in YEARS. I wanted to do it this Christmas but I think it may be too long for my son (2 years). You guys at Ft. Jackson?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Nope, we are Parris Island.

We used to drive from Southern California to TX. 22+ hours with our first that stared when she was 6 months old. My baby will be 2 in February and the drive IS long but its so worth it.

Quoting moosesmom:

Lol! It's all the same thing (sort of). But we haven't made that drive in YEARS. I wanted to do it this Christmas but I think it may be too long for my son (2 years). You guys at Ft. Jackson?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Well you guys have a safe trip! It's supposed to get warmer next week so we'll have nice weather waiting on you :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, we are Parris Island.

We used to drive from Southern California to TX. 22+ hours with our first that stared when she was 6 months old. My baby will be 2 in February and the drive IS long but its so worth it.

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mariesmama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

color crayons and if the older child is potty trained, lotsa potty breakshave you tried a veiwmaster?

booboo_mama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I would say get dvd players for the kids to watch movies on the trip. I do when we go to my brothers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)