Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with people?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

A friend of mine from HS was in the middle of a move, and she was put in the hospital due to some problems she's having with this pregnancy. Bless her heart, while she was in the hospital, someone broke into their home and stole absolutely everything they hadn't got moved to the new place. They took all 5 of her girl's christmas presents and ALL of the new baby furniture they'd saved up to buy for their baby. They even took the new carseat. So after alot of thinking, and talking to a friend of mine, we have decided to help her and get some of the things she'd already gotten for her daughters. We are going this Friday and our other friend is going to meet us at the store. I couldn't stand the thought that those poor kids wouldn't have anything this Christmas because of someone being greedy and deceitful. I cried and called DH at work and told him what i was going to do. He couldn't have agreed with me more. I just had to do something for this family. They never ask for anything from anyone, and since I have the extra to spare, it's the least I could do. I am getting her a brand new car seat for the baby a couple of leapfrog toys for her 11 month old, a couple of the things she'd bought months in advance for her other girls. 3 dream lights, an easy bake oven, a slushie maker, and a cake pop maker. I know that it isn't much, but it's the least i could do. I was so broken hearted. They filed a report, but the cops won't do anything for them. They told them they'd keep an eye out and an ear open but it would be impossible to find out who did it. Of course these are the same cops that arrested my best friend's grandma on a charge that wasn't even her. It was someone else who had done it with the same name as her, and didn't even issue an apology for the mistake on their part.

I just can't get over some people. Why would anyone do that to an innocent child(ren) and an unborn baby? Is it really worth it to destroy the hopes, dreams and what little excitement these children get one time a year? If it would have happened to me, i would be so depressed and livid! Oh would i be livid. She was worried about having to explain it to her daughters, but i told her not to worry about that. that we were going to help her (my friend and me that is.) She cried, love her. and so did her husband. He works very hard to provide for them, but they have been struggling. Things I believe is going to look up for them. :) I had to vent a little ladies, my apolgies.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

awww that is terrible!!!! Its wonderful that you all are going to do that for them though! Good deeds never go undone. You will never regret doing such a wonderful thing for someone - ESPECIALLY a friend! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Thanks. I was completely heartbroken to hear what had happened.

Quoting AngelRT:

awww that is terrible!!!! Its wonderful that you all are going to do that for them though! Good deeds never go undone. You will never regret doing such a wonderful thing for someone - ESPECIALLY a friend! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)