Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anybody know if this is true???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Ok, dh gets an SSI check and a social security death benefits. My ds gets an SSI check, all of this comes in every month. We are on fs and cash assistance, and I am a bit confused.

Here it is: I finally got a job and its full time. It pays weekly and i gey benefits. A guy at social security told dh that his ssi will stop sense i have this job. I talked to a lady over the phone and she said i couldnt make over a certain amount a month. I havent started working yet, but the guy dh talked to said his ssi check will stop as of now. So im tad bit confused on how this works, if i didnt start working why are they taking it away? With my ds, it will.be modified on ds behalf. I know when i start, we probably wont get food or cash and that is AWESOME. i been on it sense ds was born.

I am posting anon because some will bash.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM
So what im asking, is what are the limits? Is there any? I just dont know.what to do.
momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM

idon't know but here is a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I'll just bash you for using 'sense' instead of SINCE. About the rest? I have no idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM
There are limits but, I'm not sure what they are. Sorry but, here's a bump.

Quoting Anonymous:

So what im asking, is what are the limits? Is there any? I just dont know.what to do.
Sassy01
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Depending on how much you gross and how many dependants you have will determine how much SSI your husband will loose.
I dont feel that it is fair, my feeling is that just because your spouse works does not mean you are any less disabled nor that you have fewer medical expenses. But it is the way it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Dh worked until he got injuried. Then he started collecting. I agree with you, because i finally got a job and i was of PA. My dreams are coming true finally. I mean dh could work part time and it wont kill him.

Dh's dd thats 19 has a hearing today to see if she keeps her ssi check. I dont see nothing wrong with her but LAZINESS. dh told her to lie to keep her money. Seriously?

My ds is on it because he is delayed in all ways. But he is 3 so when he gets old enough i am going to teach him you have to.work for money not be on your ass.

Quoting Sassy01:

Depending on how much you gross and how many dependants you have will determine how much SSI your husband will loose.

I dont feel that it is fair, my feeling is that just because your spouse works does not mean you are any less disabled nor that you have fewer medical expenses. But it is the way it is.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Omg. I have to walk away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Yes, you will lose it since you are now making an income.  It is income based for the family.  Be glad they are stopping it now or you would be paying it back a few months from now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM
All i get is cash and fs. Dh gets ssi and death benefits, so why would i lose it. I dont start til sometime in january so why would they take it early?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you will lose it since you are now making an income.  It is income based for the family.  Be glad they are stopping it now or you would be paying it back a few months from now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Of you are not making income yet they shouldn't have taken it.  Its on a 2 month cycle.  What is earned in October will be paid out in December.  Have you missed a payment yet or is this what someone at SSI is telling you?  It shouldn't stop until you earn income. 

Quoting Anonymous:

All i get is cash and fs. Dh gets ssi and death benefits, so why would i lose it. I dont start til sometime in january so why would they take it early?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)