Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you put in a one year olds stocking

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

so far I have "little people" animals...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Christmas countdown bannerImage

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Rubber duckies and bath toys

butterflies798
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I was going to say. Also, gerber snacks, board books, tonka make some cute little rubber cars :)

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Rubber duckies and bath toys

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM

bath toys, wooden cars and pull toys, big easy puzzles[yoyo.com has a stocking stuffer section by age] for you two to work with together, easy to eat finger snacks. Oh yeah, and bath tub crayons. Bath tub crayons rule for getting them interested in art because what can go wrong with bath tub crayons and 1 year olds?

Pregnancy Ticker

EvilQueenMommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I put this cute little stuffed ball animal that mumbles, so stuffed animals, finger paints, teddy grahams, little board books, crayons (you can make your own big ones in the oven by melting the broken ones), foam shapes, bath toys, small musical instruments like maracas, tamborines, Christmas themed sippy cup, spoon, bowl, socks, mittens, toothbrush, stickers (they sell big foam stickers at craft stores), window clings (my son loves those)

knoxmomof2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Anything you're going to need anyway (baby shampoo, snacks, etc.).. lol... he/ she won't remember. They'll just (maybe) enjoy the experience.

Mama_Dolly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM

he would eat the bath tub crayons.

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

bath toys, wooden cars and pull toys, big easy puzzles[yoyo.com has a stocking stuffer section by age] for you two to work with together, easy to eat finger snacks. Oh yeah, and bath tub crayons. Bath tub crayons rule for getting them interested in art because what can go wrong with bath tub crayons and 1 year olds?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Christmas countdown bannerImage

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Big Legos, Toy boat for bath time, Tiny books, Bouncy balls (medium sized), colored pencils, coloring book, toy cars, little wooden trains, bracelets, mr potatoe head, orange (Weird but kids like oranges lol), stuffed animals, socks, wooden building blocks .........etc

butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

haha oh darn.

Well good luck! I don't know if you have any other children but when they're two their stockings get more fun. My three year old last year stocking was awesome last year [he was 2 1/2] and this year he is 3 1/2 and it is WAY more fun. I never know what to do with children underneath the age of 2 really and their stockings.

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

he would eat the bath tub crayons.

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Pregnancy Ticker

MamaMoopsie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

My one year old is getting a silverware set, a sippy cup, a cardboard book, toothbrush, one of those mini-boxes of Goldfish, and a stuffed animal (small).

It never hurts to put things in the stocking that are basically for you. I remember putting teething tablets in my now three year old's one year stocking.

Hyman
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I'm putting a caramel apple, chocolate drizzled, m&ms covered apple in his stocking. Lol. He nearly freaked out when I got one and gave him a bite. But it's not something is ever give him regularly. Probably just once a year in his stocking. :D I don't give him refined sugar ever.

But this would be a very special treat.

and a new toothbrush and some balls. That's what he loves. He carries around toothbrushes everywhere lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)