Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Courts can be so doubled standard

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Why is that courts seem to frown heavily on the moms shacking but not the dads? Does it or should it really make a difference when judges are making decisions concerning custody?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tomary
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

they should make a dicision on whats beat for the child. not who is shacking up with who.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM
3 moms liked this

Because it is socially more acceptable for men to be whores than it is for women. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I was told it looks so much better when the mom is married especially when the kids are in her physical care.
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Family court is fucked up and there is no rhyme or reason beyond ease of the cogs.

Jesus it changes from one damn hearing to the next.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I was told that arguing that my ex husband refused to work was invalid because the courts only care if a parent stays home with the kid. Lol.
WHT a joke.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told it looks so much better when the mom is married especially when the kids are in her physical care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM

courts suck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Yes it sucks for real. And to be honest the kids really are the ones that suffer when the OP just won't let well enough alone.
bellawomen
by Summer on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I don't think anyone should care who the mother or father is shacked up with.  If you want to be a trashy person, be a trashy person.  It sucks your children will suffer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM
My ex shacked with his now wife for almost a year and it was never mentioned in the court cases. Kids said they physically fight each other. My SO and I may have disagreements but he has never put his hands on me or belittled me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It shouldn't matter but it does. I have no idea why. And it really bugs the hell out of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)