Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever wondered how some human beings have no conscience when they do something wrong?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't understand how you can hurt someone, mistreat someone who was kind to you and showed you nothing but love and act as if you didn't do anything wrong. Do you know anyone like this? What goes on in their heads? I thought every human being had atleast 1 compassionate bone in their body. The state of the world today is so sad.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Replies (31-39):
Zawifey
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

FAQ About Abusive, Narcissistic, And Psychopathic People:
1. Yes, they know what they're doing.
2. Yes, they know they're hurting you.
3. Yes, they're doing it on purpose.
4. Yes, they can control it. They do whenever they want to impress someone.
5. Yes, they could stop if they wanted to.
6. No, they don't love you, even if they say they do (Actions speak louder than words). They do not fee...
l love, empathy, compassion or remorse. Your relationship is not about love. It's about control, dominance, power, attention, "respect", admiration, subservience.
7. No, you cannot change them. You can only change yourself.
8. Yes, there is something you can do. GET OUT. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's the answer. If it takes you years to accept this, you will always regret those lost years that you could have spent living a joyful life.
DarlaHood
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Lack of empathy and compassion can be a sign of a personality disorder (i.e.; borderline or narcissistic personalities).  Often times, these traits go all the way back to infanthood where there can be attachment disorders. It is sad, but people with normal development will never understand what goes on in their heads.  it's like trying to understand chaos with logic.  Chaos isn't logical.  A person who has a range of healthy feelings isn't able to understand the emotional chaos that exists within these people.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM
No I just wish they would all disappear or put themselves out of their misery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I agree that it is horrible that there are people without feelings.  Though the state of the world is actually better now than in the past.  The only reason it seems so bad is because of the instant information and/or any information at all.  We are actually in a decline of violence.  Here is one article and I have read a few other things on the subject out of curiosity.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand how you can hurt someone, mistreat someone who was kind to you and showed you nothing but love and act as if you didn't do anything wrong. Do you know anyone like this? What goes on in their heads? I thought every human being had atleast 1 compassionate bone in their body. The state of the world today is so sad.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

mrs.pina
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Wow! Glad to know am not the only one in a messed up family lol. The only difference is my family do confront one another face to face even fight and sleep with each other's men . My family is not crazy they are just plain out there not giving a shit about anyone but there own. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My family is the same. No confrontation, just rude statuses on FB or ignoring birthdays on purpose. Real passive aggressive stupidity ya know.

Quoting mrs.pina:

My family is like this , they will do something bad to one another and then act like nothing happen. I stopped going around them cause i honestly don't need that kind of people in my life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Thats true. Very interesting read thanks

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I agree that it is horrible that there are people without feelings.  Though the state of the world is actually better now than in the past.  The only reason it seems so bad is because of the instant information and/or any information at all.  We are actually in a decline of violence.  Here is one article and I have read a few other things on the subject out of curiosity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I met someone like that once. Took joy in people's suffering. Really quite a horrible person. Could never admit to fault in anything. Sometimes people think that they have encountered a sociopath when it is really just a very selfish and emotionally immature person. I wonder if I have encountered the real thing. I really hope I have, because if there are people with souls emptier than this person's, I worry about the fate of our world.

tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

You're welcome. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats true. Very interesting read thanks

Quoting tanya_marieh:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Usually there is something wrong in their head, brain is messed up, not functioning correctly. Different parts of your brain control different feelings, actions, emotions, reasoning, etc., some people just don't have the normal functioning brain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)