Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever wondered how some human beings have no conscience when they do something wrong?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't understand how you can hurt someone, mistreat someone who was kind to you and showed you nothing but love and act as if you didn't do anything wrong. Do you know anyone like this? What goes on in their heads? I thought every human being had atleast 1 compassionate bone in their body. The state of the world today is so sad.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Do they even know is the question or do they think their actions are normal?

Quoting Danapopcorn:

It's seriously a PHYSICAL disorder. Does that mean these people should be free on the streets to hurt others? Not at all. But is it sad that these people seriously have disorder which literally make them incapable to feel the things normal people feel. They know they are different and the majority aren't happy with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never understood how that works. It's sad but it does make me want to research psychopath. I think I may know more than one.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

No conscious is a psychopath which is actually a physical "illness" where that part of the brain, which leads you to feel things such as guilt, does NOT work properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I don't get it either. My nieces step mother is so awful, that even Satan would be an enemy to her. but in her mind, she is little miss perfect boo hoo me why doesn't anybody like me

minimoo
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM
My ex is that. I thought he had a compassionate bone in there somewhere. He taught me that some people are just evil all the way through and don't ever want to change
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM
About 4% of the population are sociopaths - unable of feeling empathy or compassion. So yes, it's possible.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people are born with that in them and some develop it due to bad treatment as a child. I was abused severely as a child, for years I had no feelings for anyone, including myself. It isn't about hurting others, it's about protecting themselves.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Speaking from not only personal experience but studies as well. They know they are different, but they don't know first handed what is it like to be normal. BUT they do know they are different, but they just don't know the extent of how different they are. They are usually pretty smart, so they know that to them these "feelings" (or lack of) are normal to them, but aren't normal in general. But, where as someone with feelings but has studied and met psychopaths could compare the two, psychopaths can't compare the two. All they know if that they are different and they have a vague idea as of how so they are different, but they can't really ever understand the extent of it. Hope I didn't make that too confusing lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they even know is the question or do they think their actions are normal?

Quoting Danapopcorn:

It's seriously a PHYSICAL disorder. Does that mean these people should be free on the streets to hurt others? Not at all. But is it sad that these people seriously have disorder which literally make them incapable to feel the things normal people feel. They know they are different and the majority aren't happy with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never understood how that works. It's sad but it does make me want to research psychopath. I think I may know more than one.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

No conscious is a psychopath which is actually a physical "illness" where that part of the brain, which leads you to feel things such as guilt, does NOT work properly.

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

I have a BS in psychology, one of my more fun classes was about psychopaths. It's estimated that close to 2% of the USA population are psychopaths. Kind of scary to think there are that many.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM

They are called pshycopaths.... Or sociopaths.... and I had a child with one. They can be scary people and there more out there than you may think.. They make great polititions and big business owners.

Zawifey
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Nope. Some people are just like that. No empathy for anyone.

pittymama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

it happens

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)