Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok. Lets get something straight

A pregnant woman in NOT and incubator. It is NOT her job to supply and infertile couple with a baby. SHe is NOT required to honor any pre-birth promises. The law recongnizes that she has time after birth to decide what she REALLY wants.

Yes I get that it hurts. My neice was given back at 2 weeks because her mom changed her mind. Two years later it still stings us all. Most my sister in law who is not able to have her own babies. But she knows she did what was right.

And NO the BM does NOT owe them any money. They gave what the did KNOWING she had a right to change her mind. It part of adoption.

sorry hit enter too soon

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I thought I got it right. Must be the rum. My bad

Quoting Anonymous:

...did you use a speech to text program???

or....is it just REALLY hard for you to spell....

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Gosh I really want to say nasty things. But I'm working on being nicer on here.

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM
She should give the money back - maybe not legally but its the right thing to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I agreed, until you posted the BM doesn't owe money because they knew there was a chance she would change her mind.

No, if they pay for her medical expenses, and drive her to and from appointments, she DOES owe that money back to them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM
2 moms liked this
If I was in that position, and I changed my mind my conscience wouldn't allow me to keep any money or items.that were given to me. The way I see it is - you would never be receiving any of that if you didn't meet them, under the circumstance of you possibly giving then a child.

And this is why my friends I will never ever adopt domestic. I don't want to be scammed by some woman who thinks she deserves a bunch of freebies because she's "confused"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Then don't promise to be one for someone else.

*shrug* It's pretty simple to me. 

Have the baby and then give it up.  Don't lead anyone else on prior to that.  Register with an agency, see parents profiles, and interview them after the baby is there.  If you really know you cannot raise the kid, you'll go through with it.

I thank whomever above that I never had to do this dance.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Nasty things about what? I don't get what could be said nasty. For real. Yes it hurt to loose my niece, we miss Jillian every day. But legally they had to give her back. The mom had that right.

Quoting wkukid:

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this
If I only get one thing straight, it's going to be Neil Patrick Harris.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Maybe. But they are not asking. They understand that was a risk they took. It does make me sad they are scared to try again though. My sister in law would make a great mom

Quoting anotherhalf:

She should give the money back - maybe not legally but its the right thing to do.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM

As I said, I'm learning to bite my tongue so I won't say it, you have a nice day :)

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Nasty things about what? I don't get what could be said nasty. For real. Yes it hurt to loose my niece, we miss Jillian every day. But legally they had to give her back. The mom had that right.

Quoting wkukid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured