Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok. Lets get something straight

A pregnant woman in NOT and incubator. It is NOT her job to supply and infertile couple with a baby. SHe is NOT required to honor any pre-birth promises. The law recongnizes that she has time after birth to decide what she REALLY wants.

Yes I get that it hurts. My neice was given back at 2 weeks because her mom changed her mind. Two years later it still stings us all. Most my sister in law who is not able to have her own babies. But she knows she did what was right.

And NO the BM does NOT owe them any money. They gave what the did KNOWING she had a right to change her mind. It part of adoption.

sorry hit enter too soon

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Maybe morally. But legally no. And my brother and sister in law have never asked. They say that it was a risk they took

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

I agreed, until you posted the BM doesn't owe money because they knew there was a chance she would change her mind.

No, if they pay for her medical expenses, and drive her to and from appointments, she DOES owe that money back to them.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Just let it out hun.

Quoting wkukid:

Gosh I really want to say nasty things. But I'm working on being nicer on here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I have never told them but I wonder if she did it on purpose. But that doesn't change the fact she had a right to take her back

Quoting Supervane:

If I was in that position, and I changed my mind my conscience wouldn't allow me to keep any money or items.that were given to me. The way I see it is - you would never be receiving any of that if you didn't meet them, under the circumstance of you possibly giving then a child.

And this is why my friends I will never ever adopt domestic. I don't want to be scammed by some woman who thinks she deserves a bunch of freebies because she's "confused"

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM

LOL yes please

Quoting StarryRain:

If I only get one thing straight, it's going to be Neil Patrick Harris.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Shit, then why aren't more women doing this?

"Hey Ya'll! Get free medical care from the best doctors (not Medicaid doctors, but the expensive ones!!) And don't waste your own gas! Just say you are going to adopt your baby out and have someone else pay for al that! Then, when the time comes, change your mind. Voila! Paid for. "

That is fucked up all the way around it.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Maybe morally. But legally no. And my brother and sister in law have never asked. They say that it was a risk they took

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

I agreed, until you posted the BM doesn't owe money because they knew there was a chance she would change her mind.

No, if they pay for her medical expenses, and drive her to and from appointments, she DOES owe that money back to them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

No I really want to know. I want to understand the other side of this. Truly

Quoting wkukid:

As I said, I'm learning to bite my tongue so I won't say it, you have a nice day :)

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Nasty things about what? I don't get what could be said nasty. For real. Yes it hurt to loose my niece, we miss Jillian every day. But legally they had to give her back. The mom had that right.

Quoting wkukid:

Gosh I really want to say nasty things. But I'm working on being nicer on here.

LiliM
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM

When you said in the other post they bought her a car, my cynical side said that they were used.

And that makes me sad.  I hope they get the courage to try again, and do so with someone who they do not have to pay to be around.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I have never told them but I wonder if she did it on purpose. But that doesn't change the fact she had a right to take her back

Quoting Supervane:

If I was in that position, and I changed my mind my conscience wouldn't allow me to keep any money or items.that were given to me. The way I see it is - you would never be receiving any of that if you didn't meet them, under the circumstance of you possibly giving then a child.

And this is why my friends I will never ever adopt domestic. I don't want to be scammed by some woman who thinks she deserves a bunch of freebies because she's "confused"

anotherhalf
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM
I'd be scared too. That must have been heartbreaking.
Maybe they could adopt from an orphanage. I know several people who have sucessfully adopted from Russian orphanages.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Maybe. But they are not asking. They understand that was a risk they took. It does make me sad they are scared to try again though. My sister in law would make a great mom

Quoting anotherhalf:

She should give the money back - maybe not legally but its the right thing to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I do think she scammed them. Only because she had done this before. But that doesn't change the fact the legally that baby is hers for AT LEAST 60 days after birth do the adoptive parents legally have no choice in most cases.

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Shit, then why aren't more women doing this?

"Hey Ya'll! Get free medical care from the best doctors (not Medicaid doctors, but the expensive ones!!) And don't waste your own gas! Just say you are going to adopt your baby out and have someone else pay for al that! Then, when the time comes, change your mind. Voila! Paid for. "

That is fucked up all the way around it.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
No it doesn't unfortunately approve parents rights aren't immediate, even though when the bio parent isn't always fit they still have initiate rights over a child. Which is truly unfair. I Hope in the future adoptive parents will be better rectified and given Better protection.under the law in these type of situations.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)