Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok. Lets get something straight

A pregnant woman in NOT and incubator. It is NOT her job to supply and infertile couple with a baby. SHe is NOT required to honor any pre-birth promises. The law recongnizes that she has time after birth to decide what she REALLY wants.

Yes I get that it hurts. My neice was given back at 2 weeks because her mom changed her mind. Two years later it still stings us all. Most my sister in law who is not able to have her own babies. But she knows she did what was right.

And NO the BM does NOT owe them any money. They gave what the did KNOWING she had a right to change her mind. It part of adoption.

sorry hit enter too soon

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Replies (51-52):
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I completely agree!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM
So true!

Quoting Anonymous:

I havent met any adoptive parent that looked at a BM as an incubator.

What about the other side?

Adoptive parents are not cash cows! Adoptive parents are not victims for people to take advantage of them. Their inability to have a baby of their own doesn't make them heartless! No adoptive family goes into this thinking a BM is an incubator who's job or sole purpose in life is to give them a baby!

Why is it okay for an adoptive parent to shell out THEIR hard earned money to a BM Making promise that she has no intention of keeping? Why are they less than the BM because she can pop out babies that she cannot parent or afford?

If this was all about changing adoption policies and/or protecting BMs rights it wouldn't be a one sided biased view.

Let me bleed you dry because I have the golden uterus and you have the money so I can turn around and take the baby back while stiffing you in the process, how is that okay?

The sad fact is that if they put in the contract that the adoptive parents will pay the medical bills incurred due to the pregnancy/baby they would be accused of buying a baby. Of course the BM isn't accused of selling her baby when she takes money and gifts from the adoptive parents.

To protect adoptive parents they should make the BM give/pay back everything she scored from them including money while making promises she wasn't going to keep.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

A pregnant woman in NOT and incubator. It is NOT her job to supply and infertile couple with a baby. SHe is NOT required to honor any pre-birth promises. The law recongnizes that she has time after birth to decide what she REALLY wants.

Yes I get that it hurts. My neice was given back at 2 weeks because her mom changed her mind. Two years later it still stings us all. Most my sister in law who is not able to have her own babies. But she knows she did what was right.

And NO the BM does NOT owe them any money. They gave what the did KNOWING she had a right to change her mind. It part of adoption.

sorry hit enter too soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN