Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommys with super tall skinny young girls...

Posted by   + Show Post

The little one on the left is my 6 year old she is super tall and thin and all arms and legs. I am having a heck of a time finding clothes for her right now she is wearing size 7 pants cinched up as far as they will go and are starting to get too short already!! She looks like she has a load in her pants all the time because they are so baggy in her butt. I can't put this kid in a size 8 pants they will hang off of her!
So if your kiddo is tiny and tall like mine what kind of pants do you out on them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Ms.D-_-
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM
We have the same problem with my 5 year old dd -_-. Pain in the butt to shop for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Yeah I feel for the kid he has 2 older sisters and 2 younger ones. My oldest is 14 and I'm having such a hard time with that it freaks me out lol.

Quoting samanthastaatss:

They seriously look like little supermodels. Awh poor little guy..he's in for a rough time haha (:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Thank you! They are the youngest of 5 only one is a boy my poor poor son lol

Quoting samanthastaatss:

O_O your daughters...too gorgeous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

look for 7T

the "T" stands for "tall" the wais is the same size as a regular 7, with the length comparable to an 8

also, 8SLIM does the same thing, if you cant find 7T

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I use to be able to find clothes at jc penny's for my dd. she was tall and skinny and they had half sizes for her. She was so skinny she wore these pj shorts that were 4t till she was almost 8 cause they were her favorite lol
Thank goodness I finally was able to get rid of them.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Target and I think Walmart have slims with the adjustable waist they work well as do leggings and longer shirts that cover the bum. I feel for Momma...I went through the same thing with ALL of mine and it wasn't until my youngest girl(now 14) was arounde your daughter's age that they had the adjustable waist...I could have kicked myself for not thinking of it! I  use to talk about adding elastic to the back of the waist on their pants but,for some reason never though of that next step. Whoever did is very wealthy right now!

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Not trying to be funny but expensive brands. Like true religion and j-crew they are cut longer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Im having the same problem, so let me know what you find! 

tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Gymboree has slims that fit my dd perfectly.  She is four but wears a 5 slim (soon to be 6 slim) regulars are WAY to big but the slims are perfect and they are long enough.

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

CheyanneW
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM
My girls wear slims. Now with all the skinny jeans and jeggings it's so much easier than it used to be. My 16 year old is 5'11" and still growing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM
In the summer she sometimes wears size 3t shorts lol! My mil said she found skinny skinny jeans at some place in the mall I will probably have to take her and try stuff on.

Quoting Anonymous:

I use to be able to find clothes at jc penny's for my dd. she was tall and skinny and they had half sizes for her. She was so skinny she wore these pj shorts that were 4t till she was almost 8 cause they were her favorite lol

Thank goodness I finally was able to get rid of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured