Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mommys with super tall skinny young girls...

Posted by   + Show Post

The little one on the left is my 6 year old she is super tall and thin and all arms and legs. I am having a heck of a time finding clothes for her right now she is wearing size 7 pants cinched up as far as they will go and are starting to get too short already!! She looks like she has a load in her pants all the time because they are so baggy in her butt. I can't put this kid in a size 8 pants they will hang off of her!
So if your kiddo is tiny and tall like mine what kind of pants do you out on them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I have this problem with my 3 year old. She needs a 5t pants for the length, but they literally fall down off of her skinny butt. I've been putting her in leggings and putting a few stitches in the waist to bring in the extra, then putting a skirt over the leggings. I get skirts that are kind of long, but in her waist size of 3t and once they are on her they are almost too short. She has insane long legs. She gets that from me.

CheyanneW
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Also JC Penny used to sell super slims. Not sure if they still do or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Leggings mostly... or jeggings... my 8yr old only weighs 48lbs so it's super hard to find pants!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM
My oldest is 14 but she has the opposite problem she has shorter legs and a long torso that is much easier I just get her juniors medium shirts problem solved!! She can still wear a 14/16 in the girls section in pants lol.

Quoting cjsix:

Target and I think Walmart have slims with the adjustable waist they work well as do leggings and longer shirts that cover the bum. I feel for Momma...I went through the same thing with ALL of mine and it wasn't until my youngest girl(now 14) was arounde your daughter's age that they had the adjustable waist...I could have kicked myself for not thinking of it! I  use to talk about adding elastic to the back of the waist on their pants but,for some reason never though of that next step. Whoever did is very wealthy right now!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM

My 4 year old is so tall and skinny too! It sucks, the ones with the elastic you can adjust still don't help much. She has a few 3T jeans that are a bit too short but at least fit on her waist. The 4Ts are long enough but too big around. Some of the 5Ts are even better length wise but WAY too big around. I also had a hard time finding a belt in her size but finally found some, in the baby section at walmart...lol No help here, but I feel your pain.

jhcz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:24 AM

my son is tall and skinny he is almost 6 and only 31 pounds. I buy a 6 pant and just sew them, normaly i  adjust about 2 in. and a belt. lol.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM
It's so funny because I was measuring them for the skating outfits in the pic I posted and my 4 year old has the exact same torso measurement. My 6 year old is 39 pounds and my 4 year old is 41 lol my 4 year old has a getto booty though lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I have this problem with my 3 year old. She needs a 5t pants for the length, but they literally fall down off of her skinny butt. I've been putting her in leggings and putting a few stitches in the waist to bring in the extra, then putting a skirt over the leggings. I get skirts that are kind of long, but in her waist size of 3t and once they are on her they are almost too short. She has insane long legs. She gets that from me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I also took her to limited too, now I think it's justice. It was a little on the high side but they do alot of the buy this much and get a so much off for your next visit. It kinda evened it out. Jeans were the hardest to find to fit her and its far to cold to wear shorts and skirts all year round here. I knew about penny's because I had the same issue growing up and my mom use to take me there for pants. I was the child who could never wear an outfit that was just one piece. I was either swimming in them or they were crawling up the front. Lol

Quoting LCWAmommy:

In the summer she sometimes wears size 3t shorts lol! My mil said she found skinny skinny jeans at some place in the mall I will probably have to take her and try stuff on.

Quoting Anonymous:

I use to be able to find clothes at jc penny's for my dd. she was tall and skinny and they had half sizes for her. She was so skinny she wore these pj shorts that were 4t till she was almost 8 cause they were her favorite lol

Thank goodness I finally was able to get rid of them.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:29 AM
No I know what you mean I found a pair of LEI jeans that fit her pretty well but it's hard to find them for her I can't even remember where I got them now.

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Not trying to be funny but expensive brands. Like true religion and j-crew they are cut longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Try Old Navy and The Childrens Place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN