Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommys with super tall skinny young girls...

Posted by   + Show Post

The little one on the left is my 6 year old she is super tall and thin and all arms and legs. I am having a heck of a time finding clothes for her right now she is wearing size 7 pants cinched up as far as they will go and are starting to get too short already!! She looks like she has a load in her pants all the time because they are so baggy in her butt. I can't put this kid in a size 8 pants they will hang off of her!
So if your kiddo is tiny and tall like mine what kind of pants do you out on them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I know levi's makes a great slim for little ones.  I found them at nordstroms.  Oh and gymboree is having a sale right now and almost all of their slims are there.

elizabooks
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM

My DD is 4 wears a 3T at the waist and a 5t length is already showing her ankles. I have learned to sew. I have wide trim and lace and just have her pick the colors to add to her pants. This gives her about two to three inches worth of  more wear. 

The problem I'm having is with shorts. The ones that fit her waist are like Daisy Dukes.... I've checked around here, I need to special order slims and talls. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Well I have a tall skinny boy but I was also tall and skinny like your daughter and for awhile the only pants my mom could find to fit me were boys pants unfortunately :( but that was also 20 years ago lol good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Try google, only reason we get them for my son is because they last so long all my son's TR jeans last him 2 years. He had 5 pairs over the past 3 years he just grew out of the last 2 over the summer and he has been flying out of the gap jeans in 6 months. H&M are cut long but they wash and kind of shrink and fade. We will defiantly be getting him more TR.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

No I know what you mean I found a pair of LEI jeans that fit her pretty well but it's hard to find them for her I can't even remember where I got them now.

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Not trying to be funny but expensive brands. Like true religion and j-crew they are cut longer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Samantha_McKay
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Slims and a sewing machine mama lol. My little boy is that same way, I've taken to doing minor alterations with a needle and thread, if you don't know how you can always take her in to an alterations place. It's amazingly cheap, just let them know you'd like to be able to let it back out later if needed. Or maybe a friend that sews?

Jrogillio
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Slim sizes. 8slim
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM

8 slim from Justice, but they can be pricey. Walmart has good cheap jeans in slim. They have LEI, Faded Glory and now Jordache. The thing about the Faded Glory ones is they basically have to Faded Glory lines. One is very cheap and you can tell in price and quality and they don't come in slim sizes. The other line of Faded Glory is a bit more expensive, but still cheap, like $14 a pair and they're just as good quality. The thick, heavy jean material and come in slim sizes. What I also noticed though, is that specialty pants, like bright skinny pants, slacks, or anything that is not a plain jean, khaki or black almost doesn't exist in slim sizes. So while other little girls get to wear cute hot pink skinny pants, my daughter is stuck in plain old skinny jeans. Annoying.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Slim sizes are too big, 7slim is huge on her she's like 4'5" and 39 pounds

Quoting Jrogillio:

Slim sizes. 8slim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:56 AM

My daughter just turned four on December 1, and hit 3'7" almost two months ago.  So, I feel your pain. :)

I kind of gave up on pants a long time ago, to be honest.  We stick mostly to dresses and leggings.  I love leggings, because they are stretchy, and I can buy them ankle length and they still fit and look fine when they end up knee length.  My stepmother makes her these great little dresses that last a long time.  She buys solid coloured T-shirts a size or so too big for my daughter, then sews skirts on them in different patterned fabric, and sews little buttons or charms along the neckline to match the skirt.  They are so cute and easy, and if you have a girl who grows fast they are ideal.  They start as a drop-waisted dress, and end up as a sort of tutu or tunic top (depending on the type of skirt sewn on) that can be worn with leggings.

elijahXmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Thought about adding cuff to to bottom of the jeans. My son's the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured